It's Got A Good Beat & I Can Drink To It (1 Viewer)

Best songs on alcohol is the 'trilogy' by Lou Reed, that he had on three following albums:

- The power of positive drinking
- Underneath the bottle
- Bottoming out

(They are on 'Growing up in public', 'The blue mask' and 'Legendary Hearts')

No, I only listen to satellite radio or CDs. My commute is only about 15 minutes now, so I can't even make it through the whole Stooges Funhouse CD. I tried today, but sadly only made it through side one.

Thre are 83 or 85 radio stations in Los Angeles, and the only ones I listen to are KPCC and occasionally (the once mighty) KCRW or KPFK. I can't deal with the rest. Plus I don't know how to work the radio in my car, really, so...

2376898705_531dd053a6.jpg

I see the teenagers have gotten you.

Yes, I have. And I would never own one. I am familiar with people who have and they say they are horribly overrated and no where close to what they claim to be. Especially for that kind of money.

Plus, it's still digtal, which defeats the point of a turntable in the first place.

Well then... maybe you need to downgrade.

I love that phonautograph story. It so typifies guys like Edison, a brilliant son of a bitch but also part con man, liar, thief...American!

Anyway, must have been cool to be inventing stuff in the 19th century. Everything was wide open.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty interesting.

I remember that my dad had this machine that recorded onto paper records. It had a really heavy tone arm and I never understood how it could work since the paper was really thin (and looked just like a record). Apparently it was made so that you could send recordings through the mail and play them back on a regular phonograph. I'm guessing that it dated from the '40s. You could probably get a fortune for it on ebay these days, but I think it was most likely thrown out when he sold his house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back