Joel & Ethan Coen and Lebowski (1 Viewer)

Gerard K H Love

Appreciate your friends
John Turturro is talking about a spin off of the The Big Lebowski and he wants to play Jesus Quintana jumpsuit and all. If the Coen Brothers go ahead with it I think it could work. They would have to get Jeff Bridges and John Goodman but who knows. I find it funny that John Turturro would want to revisit a character who has been established as a pedophile.

lebowski.jpg

A priceless reaction to John Turturro's Jesus Quintana. Great cinematography.

First to GKHL, the picture that you posted above is one of my VERY favorite scenes from the film! THANKS:) Every thing about it makes me smile.
I've had many a conversation,(drunk & sober), about the 'value' of a sequal to The Big Lebowski. I just don't think they should do it. I worry that it would be ruined if they try.
It is just so classic as it stands. Leaving you to wonder what happened to The Dude, and imagine it in what ever way one wants. I don't know, it's tempting to think about what they could do with it, if all went well, but it would have to be about Lebowski, a spin off based on Jesus just couldn't work. Thanks for posting, I'm always happy to talk about Lebowski. I know, "Shut the fuck up Donny." CRB:)

We used to hold ' sexy ugly guys that I'd like to fuck' contests. Buschemi and Bukowski always landed in the top three. I need a minute to think about who the other contenders were.:)

Jeffrey Lebowski was based on a real and stoned person the Coens knew. Therefore they could make a new story about the same characters without screwing it up. I think the Coens could do it. Not many could do it.
Jesus Quintana would be sickening but could be a funny yet disgusting despicable character study. He would have to be a Michael Jackson fan, for sure.

We used to hold ' sexy ugly guys that I'd like to fuck' contests. Buschemi and Bukowski always landed in the top three. I need a minute to think about who the other contenders were.:)

That would be a SUGILF?

I only found out what MILF means about six months ago.

I never really thought about the acronym, but yeah, it would be SUGLIF:) I guess we have our title if the group ever becomes 'official'.

Just saw True Grit.
Hailee Steinfelt was the best young actress I've seen come along in a while. I liked her character. I liked the movie but I heard a couple of people mention they liked the original movie, they were much older than me which means they are too old for the proper demographic. The theater was nearly full and on a Tuesday night in Hemet that's a good sign. It may have something to do with it being a Western and a remake of a John Wayne movie. Jeff Bridges is just damn hot right now and going strong but that little Hailee is going to be somebody to keep an eye on and a listen to.

I'm a big fan of the Coen Brothers films, but i don't think they will ever match The Big Lebowski, because i think it's that funny :) Also the Dude's philosophy, Dude Abides, it's one of the best endings ever, such truthful and wise thing to live by that code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back