John Turturro nod to Bukowski (1 Viewer)

I don't think I could watch James Gandolfini right now... The Sopranos finale just played here recently... :mad:

Turturro is a great. When I lived in Brooklyn I would see him quite frequently on the streets of the neighborhood I lived in. No fluff or pretension about the guy whatsoever, just an average guy out for a walk with his wife and kids.

But the roles he's played, what a talent.

I just heard about this about two hours ago from this post, only to find out 5 minutes ago that it will be showing at the Cincinnati Art Museum next Tuesday and Wednesday! Both of these pieces of information would have been relatively useless without the other, and yet together they have made my plans for next week for me.

Turturro is a great. When I lived in Brooklyn I would see him quite frequently on the streets of the neighborhood I lived in. No fluff or pretension about the guy whatsoever, just an average guy out for a walk with his wife and kids.

But the roles he's played, what a talent.

Agreed. A fantastic talent. I'd like to see him and Steve Buschemi in an act-off.

Perhaps the Buk puking on the Persian Tree of Life rug scene from Ham on Rye.

Both pseudo-not-so-hot-looking actors with far more talent than the average Hollywood fucker.

Well, I saw this last night and it was just a-ight, and my grandad used to say.

I wasn't thinking "Bukowski connection" while I was watching it, which was good, because I might have been distracted from the dancing firemen, and Gandfolfini playing Tony Soprano (again) (and because there is no connection).

A very moving underwater scene by Winslet though, and if you can act underwater, I think that officially makes you a pretty damn good actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back