Just Another Greeting (1 Viewer)

Hello folks,

I was unfamiliar with Charles Bukowski until the late 1980's when a friend of mine insisted on taking me to see Barfly. I was drunk and didn't remember much about the movie, only that Mickey Rourke was quite a ham. Anyway, I wasn't interested in exploring Bukowski's works; I thought that he was just a glorified drunk.

I didn't read my first Bukowski book until my girlfriend insisted on seeing Factotum (she's a big Matt Dylan fan). I like to read the book a movie is based on before I see the movie, so I read Factotum. Bukowski may have been a glorified drunk, but he was much more than that; he was a damn good writer! The anger, the tenderness, the humor, I just can't get enough! I'm exited about exploring more of his writings. I've read all his published novels, and some of his poems and short stories as well. I've also read Neeli Cherkovski's Hank.

Well anyway, I'm glad to have stumbled upon this site. I've enjoyed many of the posts I've read so far. Before jumping into any discussions I will acquaint myself with this site some more, but I wanted to send a shout out to my fellow Buk fans and also to MJP for this site.

Mike from San Diego

Before jumping into any discussions I will acquaint myself with this site some more, but I wanted to send a shout out to my fellow Buk fans and also to MJP for this site.

Yeah, welcome, Nut.
Interesting, you started (after a non-try) so late and THEN so FAST ! (given the many books you read so far. For me it took years to read him. (o.k. I was 16 years and didn't have the money to buy all books at once.)
Anyway, you're cool. You seem to be an all-or-nothing person, I like that.

Being here myself not for such a long time, I may lean myself a lot out of the window for the following claim: but you don't look to me, like a guy who should wait for other posts. (of COURSE, it shows your seriousness to want to wait, till you've seen more of the former posts. And THANKS for this intelligent attitude. But to see All of them, you'll take weeks. You'll start to read old posts anyway.)

The reason I make this a topic is, modest people like you are the ones most interesting. I can't wait to read your first posts.

hello beernut and welcome

It's funny that your induction was in part influenced by a girlfriend, this was also true for myself and seems quite common among some posters I've seen on here. You see it's true, women really do provide beauty to the world :D

...I've read all his published novels, and some of his poems and short stories as well. I've also read Neeli Cherkovski's Hank.

His books of letters are a tremendous joy to read and re-read.

Cherkovski's bio is weak and rather lame. The Sounes' bio is brilliant. You've still got some damn good stuff waiting for you!

hmmmm... let's see... I'll iron your shirts AND get the stains out of your slacks if you rub my feet and go buy me some tampons:D

huh! ruby, I've been looking up your profile on myspace (for this other post at first of course).
Way interesting! - Good Arts, yes (though maybe a little violent).
But why don't you post Any pics of Yourself there?
There's Not ONE of you! (or did I just not see them?)
Even mjp dared to show himself on myspace (though he claims 'imitating' - good joke btw, mjp!).
yrs, ronibert

there is one of me!! me and my very good friend... she's dressed as a fairy and i'm dressed as a dominatrix... it's a head shot...

mini.gif

happy now?:D

yes, it IS a "look-at-me-and-how-foxy-i-am" photo...but no point in showing you the bad pix of me...

of course, I prance around dressed like this every day... evening while ironing and doing the dishes :)

sure, you'll get your feet rubbed all night long. plus a 40min massage.
In fact, I'd care more for this than for ironed shirts.
:-))

btw, has anybody heared from beernut again, who we have to thank for this entertaining thread?

btw, has anybody heared from beernut again, who we have to thank for this entertaining thread?

Hi Roni, I've been busy moving; I've certainly enjoyed the colorful twist this thread has taken.

Thanks to all for the welcome, and thank you, Roni, for your kind words up-thread.

Here's one for you, beernut:
- What's the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?
- Beer nuts are under 2$ a pound and deer nuts are under a buck...

Last edited by a moderator:
BSB, don't fret, i like to spread the love around...

of course, you'll have to match Roni's promise of all-night foot-rubbing :D

as long as you don't spread it on my carpet, I've just had it cleaned ;)

I'm afraid I don't like feet though, but feel free to send any other parts my way :)

Please note: BedsitBukaroo is obliged to inform all neighbours that he is on the 'childish innuendo offenders list' and as such accepts all personal attacks as part of his rehabilitation

No foot rub?? but i have beautiful, dainty, clean feet!

Well then, Roni, looks like it's just you and me, babe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back