Just wanted to introduce myself.... (1 Viewer)

I just became aware of Charles Bukowski after a friend of mine posted a Bukowski quote on Facebook. I googled who he was and found him to be pretty interesting and worth looking into further. I'll look forward to delving more into his work. Ed

Ahhh I see that there are some wise guys here!! LOL. The quote that caught my eye from my friend was,

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us."

I also came across a couple of more that I liked,

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts and the stupid ones are full of confidence.

and

"We are all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten by nothing."

I also just purchased my first Bukowski book, "Ham on Rye."

Welcome aboard, Ed! You'll find lots of interesting Bukowski stuff here including lots of poems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obvious to us here, and to you soon enough, the best Buk to read is all the Buk that was published in his lifetime. I think if one is a big enough fan one likes all his work in varying degrees. Post death published, what to read? Many would argue that most of it need not be read. There are many threads here that explain why. Here's somethin' from our most well informed moderator mjp: https://bukowskiforum.com/threads/t...st-by-john-martin’s-black-sparrow-press.7974/ Oh, and welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back