KCET Bukowski Reads Bukowski (1 Viewer)

I've only watched the first 2 mins and i'm laughing my ass off. I've got to save the rest for tonight after work with a drink. "Buke. Rhymes with puke."

That's Taylor Hackford's movie. Part of it, anyway. Probably the 30 minute edited version.

We record Artbound every day, I don't think they aired that one yet. Or maybe they upload things they don't air. The format of that show is always different.

It's never been released on DVD. Or VHS for that matter. So if you find a DVD copy somewhere, it's a bootleg, and it probably won't look much better than those YouTube videos.

A lot of PBS stations aired it in the 70s, so I assume there are a number of 16mm prints out there. Or copies on those big U-Matic tapes (in landfills across America).

It would be nice to see a non-shitty version of it one day. We have - uh, I mean the world out there has - a pretty good copy of the whole hour, but it's not DVD good. Just okay good.

The KCET version at the top of this thread seems polished. Soundtrack is very clear and picture quality is better than the YouTube version. I wonder if it was cleaned up digitally. Would be good to see the whole film cleaned up and DVD'd.

The KCET version at the top of this thread seems polished.
Yes. But that's an edited version. The whole thing is 60 minutes.

As you should know, since you asked the same question in a different thread in September (and there was a download link for a clean copy of the 60 minute version there at the time).

Anyway, yes, a DVD version would be lovely, but it's unlikely.

It's never been released on DVD. Or VHS for that matter. So if you find a DVD copy somewhere, it's a bootleg, and it probably won't look much better than those YouTube videos.

Sorry BukFan Brad, seems like we're stuck with You Tube and various other bootlegs...still most enjoyable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back