Kurt Cobain was a fan of Bukowski (1 Viewer)

i love how you all think what cobain wrote was true.

i feel stupid and contagious
here we are now
entertain us

well youve all entertained me with this thread. :p :D

I love how you manage to look down your nose at anyone while you are listening to Ryan Adams and Pearl Jam and modeling your writing after ROLLINS. Now that is entertaining!

*sigh*

you think thats looking down my nose??? thats being amused that all those that posted came to the same conclusion. thats the contagious and stupid part. cobain wrote a lot of things and they too amuse me at times cause the man had a sense of humour.

i certainly didnt rag on anyone for their choice of music or who they supposedly modelled their writing on(which btw is not what i said).

It was not me who said it, but I have to love this line:

We are all naive and easily fooled aren't we?

Bill

where did i say you were all naive and easily fooled?

I'm just saying that this could be the quote that was being mentioned. I'm not sure that you meant it that way, but to me it seems like you are saying that you find it cute (read naive) how we all believe what cobain wrote was true.

Bill

i certainly didnt rag on anyone for their choice of music or who they supposedly modelled their writing on(which btw is not what i said).
No, that was me. I realize it may have seemed foreign to you, the direct approach, since you come from the
"asshole/martyr/repeat" school. It's not fun, it's not funny.

When you start off with, "Well, I'm here now, who knows how long I'll stay," all I can say is don't do us any
favors, and please - don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

what i said was, dont know how long ill stay but for now, im here. what that meant was knowing me the way i do i wasnt sure joining a new forum was the right thing to do. and no im not a stranger to the direct approach.

I'm just saying that this could be the quote that was being mentioned. I'm not sure that you meant it that way, but to me it seems like you are saying that you find it cute (read naive) how we all believe what cobain wrote was true.
you, i can work with. :)

yes i dont doubt those were the words that have caused some to 'lose their shit' and jump all over me. im a newbie here, you all know that and i know that. its been a while since i was a newbie anywhere on the internet. tone is difficult to gauge on the internet when you dont know the people involved. i can honestly say had i said what i said on the forum i spend a fair amount of my time the reaction wouldve been diffferent. why?? cause they know me.
i find it neither cute nor naive that 'you all were under the impression what cobain wrote was true.' i was going on the posts i was reading thats all. perhaps i shouldnt have been so flippant in my response. and that makes me the naive one.

what i said was, dont know how long ill stay but for now, im here. what that meant was knowing me the way i do i wasnt sure joining a new forum was the right thing to do. and no im not a stranger to the direct approach.
I paraphrased what you said rather than quoting it to prove a point (thanks for your help). I knew you would nitpick and quibble over which exact words you said, and then say that you meant something other than what your words implied.

Again, you are a very specific and identifiable forum "type," and your kind always end their tenure the same way. I'm sure you will not disappoint by veering off course and doing something unexpected. This is a completely predictable arc - like a sitcom or horror movie.

I declare every religion A LIE.
Even Bukowskism ?

I read Cobain's diary at a time when I was not acquainted with Hank yet, so I didn't pay attention to the sequence you were talking about. I was more captivated by Kurt's evocations of his impressive intestinal problems.

Besides, wouldn' it be nicer to give a chance to Locust instead of suspecting him too rapidly of being a troll ? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought that what Kurt Cobain said was true. Am I wrong? Oh Christ, tell me what to do!
Hey slimedog, post #666!:)

I know -and locust seems like a bibical term. plague of locust and all. I guess our best bet is to meet with MJP in LA where he can build us an ark and prepare for the rapture. Or go to Gerald's house and watch American Idol-though shall not have false idols before me.

...wouldn' it be nicer to give a chance to Locust instead of suspecting him too rapidly of being a troll ?
If a mosquito lands on your arm are you going to wait until it bites you and takes some blood before you kill it? On the off chance that maybe - just maybe - this particular mosquito isn't going to bite you? And even if it does, that bite is not going to itch? Wouldn't it be stupid to think that? This is the same thing.

Last edited:
I declare every religion A LIE.

until further notice

I don't remember posting this. If there is a deity, can he/she hold me accountable for things said during a blackout ? I need to go on the wagon.

Maybe the Jesus Wagon

2646405264_a02760d9a0_m.jpg

If a mosquito lands on your arm are you going to wait until it bites you and takes some blood before you kill it? On the off chance that maybe - just maybe - this particular mosquito isn't going to bite you? And even if it does, that bite is not going to itch? Wouldn't it be stupid to think that? This is the same thing.
I'm calling the PETA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bukowski was a fan of Kurt Cobain

Wasn't there a line in his late poetry-book 'Giants of shoulders the on standing', where he stated he really really admired the lyrics of ''?

I've always thought that what Kurt Cobain said was true. Am I wrong? Oh Christ, tell me what to do!
Hey slimedog, post #666!:)

hmm well lets see .. cobain also said he was a male. aged 23 and lactating. should we take that as truth??

ive learnt that people believe what they want to believe.

I paraphrased what you said rather than quoting it to prove a point (thanks for your help). I knew you would nitpick and quibble over which exact words you said, and then say that you meant something other than what your words implied.

Again, you are a very specific and identifiable forum "type," and your kind always end their tenure the same way. I'm sure you will not disappoint by veering off course and doing something unexpected. This is a completely predictable arc - like a sitcom or horror movie.

and what was the point??? you are being accusatory, why wouldnt i at least try to defend myself??? you dont know me. what i did was explain my intent. nothing more. nothing less. you choose not to take me at my word so there is really nothing i can do. and to be honest why should you take me at my word? as i said you dont know me. but dont for one second think that you know my 'type' cause i dont have a type. my 'tenure' here wont be ended by you standing over me trying to show how much of a bumwad i am.

anyone who wants to engage me on level ground will be welcome to. as for those who cant seem to get past my indiscretion... well... thats their problem, not mine.

locust said:
but dont for one second think that you know my 'type' cause i dont have a type. my 'tenure' here wont be ended by you standing over me trying to show how much of a bumwad i am.
Why you gotta bring me into this fight?

BUMWAD

wasnt me dude. and what fight? im a lover not a fighter... unless you piss me off. ;):D

i got an invite to a very very exclusive group. so exclusive that apparently i am the only member. hard to believe but... anyhoo despite its juvenility, i got a laugh out of it.

...dont for one second think that you know my 'type' cause i dont have a type. my 'tenure' here wont be ended by you standing over me trying to show how much of a bumwad i am.
Baby, why you gotta be like that? Didn't I buy you the McDonalds you were whining for last night? I know I bought those shoes you're wearing. Look how I take care of you, and you gonna stand there and give me shit? Think your daddy is going to take care of you like that? After what he did to you? Now get out there and make me some money. And don't try sneaking back in here light. Come with a grand or stay out. Understand?

As with alot of Kurt's writing,he embellishes alot.I don't honestly believe he burned any Bukowski books.I did read that Kurt was a fan of authors whose name started with a B.

Kurt was a fan of Burroughs and even met him. He also did the guitar work on "the Priest They Called Him".

I can see a guy with a junk problem getting into Burroughs more than Bukowski. Not an insult to anyone, just a fact.

Bill

Burroughs played the role of the priest in Drugstore Cowboy. I seem to remember that I liked the movie and loved the small Burroughs part, which is funny as hell.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back