Letter on Buk in today's New York Times Book Review (1 Viewer)

Not sure I'm posting this is the right place, but I wrote a letter to the NYTimes Book Review last week in response to an article about how American writers deal with the question of work and the article had not mentioned Bukowski. The Times published my letter in today's paper so here it is.

Attachments

• scan0012.pdf
    757.1 KB · Views: 302
Well done, David!

I especially appreciate your last line, which is an umpteenth proof that Europe is definitely populated by people of good taste. :D

And the contrast between your relevant letter and the second one, referring to chick lit (!), is pretty funny!

Great letter, David. It's about time Bukowski gets mentioned when they talk about literature and blue collar work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one David.

I recently borrowed Post Office to a friend at work, and his response after reading it was: "It reminded me about the fact that wage-labour is a curse..." or something in that direction. And he's right. That is the main point of Post Office, but you tend to forget it because of all the humor in it.

Working for money most often means: "working at something your not interested in." Nice way to spend your life...

Boy do I wish I was back down on the farm...

A very good letter, glad to see it was published too.

I recently borrowed Post Office to a friend at work, and his response after reading it was: "It reminded me about the fact that wage-labour is a curse..." or something in that direction. And he's right. That is the main point of Post Office, but you tend to forget it because of all the humor in it.

I think I'm gonna start re-reading it again today... That line makes me want to go for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back