Limey in LA (1 Viewer)

Hi All

Posted my Buke Tour on the forum but it seems to have disappeared. Always a good start. doh!

Anyway, I have been in LA for 2.5 months, heading back to UK this week before off to Oz looking for ....dunno what really...on the move in life. Fell in love here, god damn it, but what can you do. I may be back.

Big thanks to this site, I managed to get enough info to do a Buke tour. Been one of the few crazy people on a bicycle in LA. I am a limey, maybe that will explain it. Best way to get around and take photos without being arrested for loitering though.

Hopefully my Buke tour with photos will get through, must be lost in the ether someplace. If it doesnt, I will pop back and try again.

Good to meet you all,
be lucky

The Limey

Been one of the few crazy people on a bicycle in LA. I am a limey, maybe that will explain it. Best way to get around and take photos without being arrested for loitering though.

Or for being a terrorist.
Welcome... and keep pedaling!

Hi ROC

Yea, terrorists seem to have taken the place of communists in the 'enemy we cant see but must exist' realm.
I am just a bicyclist.
It's a bit different, but a menace to car drivers all the same.

Syders for starters

Sweet, Melbourne has got me seriously intrigued, so I am headed there as soon as I can get out of Syders I expect, which will be after end of September I figure. Any places you could recommend Adrian?

M

After being in Sydney for a while you'll be glad to get out mate. It happens every time I go up there. They have freeways that once you get on you can never get off and doing U turns is illegal virtually everywhere :confused: Plus, they have wannabe gangsters that go around doing drive by shootings (at empty houses no less). Carjackings and Lebanese homie gags are also rife :eek:

What sort of accommodation are you looking for and for how long are you here?

Here's a link to some inner city backpacker hostels if you're here short term

http://www.bcl.com.au/melbourne/melbournebackpackers.htm

If you're here more longterm then it may be better and cheaper to move into say, a shared house or flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back