• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Limited Edition "Bukowsical" Posters!!! (1 Viewer)

BukowskifinalBlue.gif

I've still got some prints left of the posters I did for a musical in Hollywood based on the life of Charles H. Bukowski. A must have for any Bukowski fan. If you'd like to purchase one PM me or check it out on Ebay.

I'm such a 'collector whore' of Bukowski's, I'd actually consider buying that poster!! I'd even see that play, even though I bet it's HORRIBLE! :)
I remember seeing a copy for $20 on eBay... What's the 'special' BUKOWSKI.NET price???

HI,
I must say that even though the comments on the bottle at the bottom left are odd, the poster is pretty stunning, even if it shows Buk as a very one dimensional "character".

Also, TH Clark. Bukowski's name was "Henry Charles Bukowski Jr.". He was not "Charles H. Bukowski." To make it more confusing, he was called Charles (never Chuck), by those that did not know him personally. Those in the know, called him "Buk". Those that called him a friend would have called him "Hank."

Also, yes, what is the Bukowski.net price? We have hundreds of active members here...

BIll

Special Bukowski.net price is $15 (price includes shipping in US)

Thanks for the comments...and precocious corrections. I'm used to explaining Buk to philistines so please forgive my homogenization of his name. If I may be so bold to correct you however - I believe he was born Heinrich Karl Bukowski Jr.-not the Americanized "Henry Charles". Also, as I understand your view that my representation of Buk is myopic, the poster in question is infact TWO-dimensional. Well played Sir - well played.

The dimensions are approx. 12" x 21" - five color screenprint/serigraph-from a limited edition of 60 prints. I'd like to offer them to my beloved fellow Buk fans for $15(price includes shipping)!!! Please PM me if interested.

Respectfully Yours-
TH Clark
Creative Director
DistinctiveDesign

what is the Bukowski.net price?

Dimensions are approx. 12"x 21" 5 color screenprint-of limited 60 prints.

Special Bukowski.net price is $15 (price includes shipping in the US) contact me if outside US.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may be so bold to correct you however - I believe he was born Heinrich Karl Bukowski Jr.
That doesn't make "Charles H. Bukowski" correct.

But I suppose you can hawk your shit here. Just don't open multiple threads for the same pitch again, Ace.

Woah Man! Didn't now this was a tag team semantics debate!:eek: Lets all forego the pomposity.

I like your work Mr. Phillips-despite the fact you called my stuff shit. Good Stuff! I thought us artists were supposed to stick together?:confused:

Yours Truly-
ACE:cool:

Hi TH Clark,
Yes, you are right about the Heinrich name. I thought about that and then in my groggy state this morning, forgot to mention it.

I'd like to buy a copy. I'll PM you...

Best,
Bill

Woah Man! Didn't now this was a tag team semantics debate!
It isn't. You were wrong about the name - which is not an insignificant thing in a forum full of people who discuss the subject in some detail - and when people who know better than you pointed out your error, and you called them "precocious." The only one being pompous here is you, as far as I can see.

I like the poster. I called it shit in the generic sense, like, "Get that shit off the couch, I need to sit down."

Though I may have previously called the play shit in the specific sense, like, "Wow, that play is a stinking piece of shit, and the people who made it, produced it and acted in it are submormals and idiots." And I still believe that to be true.

So if you're keeping score; I like the poster, don't like the play, and think the poster artist is pompous and arrogant.

If I can clear anything else up for you, just let me know.

Though I may have previously called the play shit in the specific sense, like, "Wow, that play is a stinking piece of shit, and the people who made it, produced it and acted in it are submormals and idiots." And I still believe that to be true.

I think the name "Buk'sical" is just so unconscionable (not to mention the book and music) that all those responsible should be flogged, and then left in an alley for rats to lick their eyelids. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

SD

It isn't. You were wrong about the name - which is not an insignificant thing in a forum full of people who discuss the subject in some detail - and when people who know better than you pointed out your error, and you called them "precocious." The only one being pompous here is you, as far as I can see.
Maybe you should look up 'precocious' in the dictionary tough guy-it's compliment not an insult! While you're at it look up unjustified and exasperating. My response to Bill was in good humor-or maybe you missed the context also?

You see, my very angry friend, coorespondence over the internet is lacking many of the odds & ends of normal face to face human interaction-so it's easy to overlook things like sarcassm and facetiousness-just as I missed the context of you referring to my work as 'shit' as benevolently generic. Even the punctuation of a sentence can be misinterpreted.
With that in mind, if you don't think you're being pompous (and petulant) - take a quick look down at the high, ornate soap box you're standing on and reevaluate yourself. You're not really upset at me...this is obviously about something much deeper...like that pony you never got for your birthday?

I encourage you to go on jabbing me from the comfort of your isolated keyboard, empowered by your assumptions of my character after a few short threads. I'll admit to being arrogant at times...but aren't we all Mr. Phillips?

Since we both live in LA-why don't I meet you for a beer! I'd like to see more of your work and learn about your process...also you can tell me what a pompous, arrogant jerk I am. That's got the makings of a wonderful afternoon.

Kind Regards-
Tim Clark/ Ace

Hi,
Speaking for "Bill", I do not take offense at kind hearted jabs or sarcasm. There is far too much ugliness in the world for me to take offense when it was not meant as offense. Occasionally, someone will really call me out, and then I try to take the high road and make them look petty. this is usually very easy, although everyone, BUT them knows that they are wrong. This happened recently with a "never was, wanna-be, small press publisher" (last initial G) and even more recently with a "Never was, wanna-be, small press poet." (last Initial M) In both cases, they continued to e-mail me with their negativity. They are both gone now.

Other that those two people, I count all others (Oh, yeah... I hate Swedes with smoky voices that sing to Bukowksi poems, too...) as friends.

Now, who's buying me a beer?

Bill

I agree. I'm sorry he and I got off to a bad start. He's got spunk, and I admire that-and Buk'.net raises him to a level of coolness I can only hope to attain. And that's the truth.

I owe you a beer too Bill...better yet let's all just go get a keg on wheels and raise some hell!

Regards-
Tim

Hi TH Clark,

PLUS, mjp is the webmaster extrordinaire for the Guerilla Poetics Project.

Damn cool guy! Probably since long before the days of smognet....

All best,
Bill

I'm continually impressed by mjp's wisdom, good sense, dry humor, and disdain for bullshit. He's a class act.

Bill, you know you don't drink. Good thing, what with the way that press almost catches your hand as you feed in the pages. A drunk Bill would soon be a one-handed Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back