Linda Bukowski on MySpace? Plus; P Howard/Bon't try/BOSP/jazz... (3 Viewers)

Hi,
I will say, that "I" don't get myspace, but then, I don't "get" Jazz either, so it may just be me. What I do know is that (not getting into it's worth as a communication device in the 21st century) there are a bunch of pages on there that lock my computer up and force me to reboot (and I have a nice computer). There is a desire by some to load up their page with huge music files, massive graphics and little blinking gif files. This is not myspace's fault as there is the same problem on many websites, but myspace seems to crash my computer more than others. I joined Facebook and that is cleaner and easier on my computer. Still, I don't go to Facebook much either.

And I had never had any interest in any forums either until mjp talked me into joining this one. I never got the point of any forums. Now I only "get" this forum and don't get the other ones.

See, it is always about "me".

And maybe someday I'll "get" jazz.

Bill

ah, jordan, i thought that's what it might be.

actually - i completely understand.

admittedly, sometimes i just argue something.

i'm sorry if i offended you.

and congratulations to you by the way.

I highly recommend Thelonious Monk.
Printing broadsides, the sound of the press, Monk, Bill.

Bill;
Now that this thread has been hijacked for like the 4th time, to slide into Jazz listen to Jimmie Hendrix Axis Bold as Love. It is rock but there are some jazz undertones that may help you get it. -then again you may just hate it.

Green Eggs and Jazz.

I love jazz, but it's not for everyone. like all things, I guess.
so I ditto mjp, don't try.
but if you do, start with Miles.

Yes Miles is Jazz, but he's a bit too deep for a novice. Hendrix is a transition from deepest jazz. Some would go from Big Band to Jazz.
In Bills case he might be into NASCAR and if so he'll need intensive rehab and a presription. So, he may not want to try.

I can't believe I can listen to Ragae now, mon.

Wasn't there a "Did Bukowski like Jazz" thread about a year ago?;)

I've always found Miles to be the great polarizer. look at someone's record collection and if they only have one jazz disc, it's bound to be Miles, and most likely Kind of Blue.

but I also think you should listen to Hendrix. if that leads you to jazz? bonus.

Monk, Miles, Coltrane & Baker- I think that's all my favorites.

There's so many different types of jazz if you check it out there is probably one that will speak to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back