• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Looking for an inscribed first of Post Office or Women or Tales... (1 Viewer)

A few decades back when I was in another rehab stint, a dear friend came and visited me with a stack of Bukowski books. That's the kind of guy he was and the kind of cool things he always has done for me.

I finally have a little extra cash and want to find him a really nice first edition to give him when we get together Monday.

I'm hoping to keep in the $1000 range

There's a nice copy of Ham on Rye here in Austin, signed 1st ed. that I can get for $900, vg to nf condition.

I'd kind of prefer this copy of Factotum, but since its on eBay there could always be issues getting it on time and being what I think it is.

A signed Factotum is more scarce than a signed Ham on Rye, but for a gift you might want to go with a favorite of the recipient. Needing it by Monday kind of limits your options anyway.

Thanks for the input and thanks for the reach outs/responses from some members here. I did not end up getting him what I wanted, but I did not overpay badly for what I got him.
I will remain on the lookout for signed 1st of his first four novels, but wait for some more favorable prices.
not being in a rush should allow them to come to me.
Don't try, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back