• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Loujon Press (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Are there any Lujon Press collectors on the forum? I have a few (non-Bukowski) items I'm going to part with and thought I'd check the forum first.

MILLER, Henry. Order and Chaos chez Hans Reichel. With an introduction by Lawrence Durrell and a foreword by Carl Shapiro. (Tucson: Loujon Press, 1966) First edition, fine in fine dustjacket and fine slipcase in original Loujon shipping box. One of 1399 copies of the 'cork' edition. Published as Gypsy Lou Series #3. Shifreen & Jackson A157c.

loujon flyer.jpg

Additional items in the lot:
Loujon-printed flyer (8.5" x 10") announcing the book's awards in Typography and Type Direction & Design, and as one of the best books published in 1966. Very good condition with a rusty paperclip mark. [scan attached]

Loujon-printed pre-publication poster announcing the forthcoming book includes image of Miller with his bicyle. Fine. Scarce (I've never seen another copy of this poster.)

For the lot: $115

I've always wanted that Henry Miller book but it'll have to wait for better days. El Broko, as Homer Simpson would say (did he really, or am I making that up?)

give it a few years and it won't be there in low or high tide....

James, I'll name a star after you and it will be recorded in book form inthe US Patent office. How's that for sweetening up the pot?

Bill

Good point, I would like to have something written by one of his pens. I see a certain value in that. I think if james wrote it that would be of value as well. I might want a more positive message, however.

how about i buy a bulk of ecco press copies of post office and sign his name in all of 'em with his pen. one hundred bucks apiece. now taking orders ;)

for an extra fifty i'll personalize it, "to gerard k h love, with love, HANK"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back