Modern Day Bukowski Fangirl (1 Viewer)

Greetings!

I am so glad to have found this site. As a 22 year old asian girl in the Philippines, not a lot of people know Charles Bukowski. If they do, they haven't read any of his works. This fact alone, has been breaking my heart since early 2017 when I first found him (his book) in a bookstore. The title of his book captured my heart and it did not disappoint. Ever since then, I have been in love with his writing and his works. If if I had one literary wish from a genie, I'd wish to be born in a time when he was and where he was so I could meet him and maybe I could fall in love with him too and he could break my heart and what an honor that would have been. How wonderful it would be to know that there was one piece of literature written about me on our time together. I've always thought that.

Welcome. If you love Bukowski, you have found the right place.

I have become a big fan of the TigerBelly podcast lately and since the female co-host is from the Philippines and they talk about it regularly, I have learned a lot about your country. Seems like an interesting place for sure.

i think she meant the pilippines - btw here's my favourite thing about that place -

pinakurat.jpg

no, there's a little family run filipino takeout place around the corner from
me that i'm addicted to.

the pork blood stew is great. among all the other dishes.

except the fish...

I am so glad to have found this site. As a 22 year old asian girl in the Philippines, not a lot of people know Charles Bukowski.
I can relate to you. I am an Asian too. South Asian to be specific. Indian actually. I feel that because not so many are aware of Bukowski's work that it took me so much time to get to know how amazing he is. Sometimes Even I feel that We are just millennials with a heart residing in the past. :)

I hail from Mumbai / India and know exactly what you mean...I got my entire Buk collection from Amazon.in and Flipkart for a third of the prices in the West ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back