Most embarrassing worst CD album tape (2 Viewers)

OK we all have them-bought them at a moment of weakness-wasn't influenced by booz or drugs-this was just a bad choice. A choice so bad that the person you think you are would beat up the person who made this choice
I'll start
Donovan-Neutronica-sap sap and more sap-with the hit? Me me me me I love you

I have few regrets, but sometimes I sit in wonder at
some of the choices I've made.

For instance. If you scroll down the page, you will be
able to sample the songs from this album.

I suggest the first one, Unidentified Flying Object,
as representative of the lot of them.

Click Here , then scroll down and listen . . .

I bought this shortly after seeing Beverly Hills Cop in the theater...

PointerSistersBreakOut.jpg

I had bought Vanilla Ice's newer cd when it came out. You know when he went all "hard" and "edgy". What can I say, I was smoking a lot of pot at that point in my life.

Other than that, theres been a few independent musicians cds I've bought that turned out to be big pieces of shit. But the Ice thing is bar far the most embarassing. I should have known better. I was hoping he would have learned from his mistakes, you know like he was broken and alienated and maybe that would have fueled some creative fire. Negative. You should always judge a douchebag by his cover.

Madonna's first album.

Though in my defense I never did listen to the whole thing.

There was a time you could trust any record put out by certain labels. That time officially ended with that first Madonna record.

I had a bunch of really bad ones. I was not always this hip :) Truth is that I was a nerdy little boy with shit taste in music.

Bill

All I can say was I was a young geeky little girl.
With bigggg crushes and no taste.
I hope I have grown a bit.
But here are my entries into the thread.

John Travolta 1976
2517013318_25c9042563_m.jpg

David Soul 1976, his hit was "Don't Give Up on us Baby"
2516191299_b125babc80_m.jpg

Man I am wincing just thinking about it.:eek:

Thanks Father Luke for postin the pics.
:)

I think that strangegirl wins the gold cup in this thread, although I did buy
211D0VQQ8BL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

when it first came out on vinyl. My friends all thought I was a retard, and ya know what? They were probably right, since I also owned a copy of
5142DKSA8HL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

With all due respect Bill thats an apology wthout remorse-out with it!
We want examples-only the truth will set you free!!

I remember having a bunch of KISS LPs and 8 tracks. After that I remember getting a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller. This was before my Led Zeppelin/Jethro Tull phase.

There... Now are you happy?

Best,
Bill

:eek: But you've got the guts to admit it. ;)

Just about a year ago I bought Asia's debut:

2b_8.jpg

Wetton, Palmer, Howe and some other guy? How can this be so horrible? I must have blocked it out of my mind in 1982.

This is absolutely funny. I read this thread yesterday and wanted to post something about the same album.

My best friend at that time and me listened to a lot of symphonic rock those days. Oldies like Yes, Genesis, Uk, Yes, King Crimson etc.
We were looking for more...we discovered bands like Marillion, Saga :eek:

And there they were: Asia; a SUPER-band. Palmer (the macho), Wetton (the whore of the symphonic rock), Steve Howe of Yes and the keyboard player Geoff Downes.

David van Geffen was the producer of Asia, they put songs together, songs which usually last 8-9 minutes. It was like they pressed the songs into 4 minutes. 4 ego - trippers.

We went to a concert of Asia. 25 guilders (10 dollars) was a lot of money for us in 1983.
The first thing we saw was Palmer and his drumkit were coming out of the ground and the drumkit and Palmer rotated. Palmer drummed with loose hands, Wetton sang his songs, Howe played faster then the light and on the second floor we saw several keyboards and Downes was running in some Asian kimono from one keyboard to the other, on and on.
After 1 hour and 10 minutes it was all over. No extra songs, nothing.

The next years we changed. Listened to the Velvet Underground, Punk, Joy Division, the Sound etc, etc.

Sometimes you hear that Asia song somewhere on the radio: Heat of the moment. Worst song ever.

I still like the first album of UK.

Exorcism is good for the soul...and KISS was my first Toronto concert-misery does indeed love company.
To make matters worse I have seen Village People Commadores (same bill) and Motley Crue and ran a bus tour to WHAM, what can I say, I was a concert whore

Exorcism is good for the soul...and KISS was my first Toronto concert-misery does indeed love company.
To make matters worse I have seen Village People Commadores (same bill) and Motley Crue and ran a bus tour to WHAM, what can I say, I was a concert whore

Wham and David Soul are going to be hard to beat.

I saw Gary Lewis and the Playboys at the Minot Municipal Auditorium and I thought I was cool.

I can't read the title of the second one, but if my memory serves me, that is Uriah Heep? Ha. I had a couple of their records too. Apparently anyone could make a record in those days.

Now on KISS, if you bought that when it came out, it was 1974, which is excusable. If you bought in in 84 or 94, you may have reason for embarrassment. But in 74?! No man, they were cool in 74! Of course I only say that because I bought Hotter Than Hell in 75, so it had to be cool, right? How could a 15 year old be wrong about anything?

In the interest of full disclosure...

I can't read the title of the second one, but if my memory serves me, that is Uriah Heep? Ha. I had a couple of their records too. Apparently anyone could make a record in those days.

Now on KISS, if you bought that when it came out, it was 1974, which is excusable. If you bought in in 84 or 94, you may have reason for embarrassment. But in 74?! No man, they were cool in 74! Of course I only say that because I bought Hotter Than Hell in 75, so it had to be cool, right? How could a 15 year old be wrong about anything?

In the interest of full disclosure...

Detroit Rock City comes to mind.:)

Too many to be listed here, but the examples below are in my Worst 10 for sure.

And to think that David Geffen sued Neil Young for releasing "uncharacteristic music" (Trans, 1982) and then Neil Young released this characteristically perverse piece of crap to mock Geffen... and his fans. And he went on to say that it was up there with Tonight's the Night. Uh???

41TV3DSTNBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51vdJbT6rPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

oh man, it would have to be a toss up between the "strawberry alarmclock" (inscence and peppermints :o) or one of the Donavan things I had. God I was so patheticly hip...:cool:

Yep, Uriah Heep's "masterpiece" Demons and Wizards. I really liked it at the time but, having heard it for the first time in maybe twenty years a few years back, I couldn't believe how truly bad it was.

I think I was 16 or 17 when it came out and (get this) I bought it on the strength of the cover art. It had just come out that week and I saw it in a record store. I had never heard any of the music. Took it home, played it, sort of liked it, played it for friends who unanimously thought it was one of the stupidest things ever. I kept insisting that they were gonna be BIG!

I was right and my friends were right... they were BIG and STUPID.

I guess there's something to be said for evil clown make-up though.

Yep, Uriah Heep's "masterpiece" Demons and Wizards. I really liked it at the time but, having heard it for the first time in maybe twenty years a few years back, I couldn't believe how truly bad it was.
hey it was kind of break-thru stuff when it first came out. I remember really likeing it. of course chemicals will improve the listenability of a lot of shit. but its funny how much stuff that we once thought of as killer, now sounds like hell. I remember telling my son when he was about 15 or 16 and just getting into the grunge thing, about my niehborhood band the MC5, this was hard core shit in its time. I pulled out some old LP's and got the turntabe out. Oh man, the music was really, um, bad. or at least now it sounds bad. guess you had to be there(?) its just history now.
this all just reafirmed by son's original belief about dear ol, (cool) dad. its hard to be timeless. only a few make it that. probably about 75% (or more) of what we think of as good now won't make the grade in a few years. ch-ch-ch-changes.. ok, I'll shut up . maybe I'll just go to the "how much do you drink" thread now...:confused::cool:

I think I was 16 or 17 when it came out and (get this) I bought it on the strength of the cover art. It had just come out that week and I saw it in a record store. I had never heard any of the music.
Well I bought Hotter Than Hell for the same reason. It's not like you could hear any new bands anywhere, so you had to take a lot of chances. The difference between those two records is really quite dramatic, even though they both came out in the same year. Their first four albums came out within the ridiculous span of something like 17 or 18 months. Even Prince never foisted that much product onto people.

but its funny how much stuff that we once thought of as killer, now sounds like hell. I remember telling my son when he was about 15 or 16 and just getting into the grunge thing, about my niehborhood band the MC5, this was hard core shit in its time. I pulled out some old LP's and got the turntabe out. Oh man, the music was really, um, bad. or at least now it sounds bad. guess you had to be there(?) its just history now.
That's true in a lot of cases (the MC5 sounded dated about a year after they came out ;)), most cases maybe.

But there's still a lot that did stand the test of time. I can't listen to KISS, the MC5, Uriah Heep, most Led Zeppelin, the New York Dolls or pretty much anything from the early 70's, but I can still listen to the Stooges Funhouse, and that goes all the way back to 1970. So yeah, one out of 1000 will hold up.

But I guess it could be worse. I could have come of age in the 80's <shudder>.

The early Kiss records were cool and I think they still sound like raunchy New York Rock n Roll, just like their idols the Dolls were playing.

My best friend was a big Uriah Heep fan and I remember thinking The Magicians Birthday was a work of art! Dreadful stuff.

Prog rock for the most part is the most horrendous music ever made but KIng Crimson was/is a great band and if I remember right the UK album wasn't half bad, Allan Wordsworth? is a very respected jazz guitarist.

Mc5 I always found overated but Back in the Usa is a pretty, nifty unpretenious rock n roll record.

hold up.

But I guess it could be worse. I could have come of age in the 80's <shudder>.

My oldest daughter was an eightys child, played some of the worst stuff, you know the big hair stuff, I always felt so sorry for that generation... now when I was growing up......:D

oh man, it would have to be a toss up between the "strawberry alarmclock" (inscence and peppermints :o) or one of the Donavan things I had. God I was so patheticly hip...:cool:

Inscence and Peppermints was a cool song, and I still like it. Lots of good memories of the 8th grade in Biloxi.
But Mellow Yellow was just funny.

I think she won too.

Wow thanks guys, finally I've won something. Yee Haw!!!
Ok since I have already completely humiliated myself, might as well add icing to the cake.

Well Father Luke although I wasn't a huge John Denver Fan, he wins mucho kudos for standing up to congress back when they where trying to Rate Albums and they thought he was a shoe in to agree with Tipper Gore's ideals and he totally stood up for creative integrity and freedom of expression without labels. One cool dude indeed.

Oh yeah back to the icing on the Cake. I was really into Bobby Vinton was I was younger and begged my parents to let me go and see him at the fairgrounds. I loved to watch his TV show. I was such a nerd, geek. Now I'm really embarrassed.
:p:D

bobbyvinton.com/

2525781001_302c3d9e43_o.jpg

C'mere. . .

Closer. . . .

I have news for you.

Are we alone?

Okay.

With Bobby Vinton you just took second, third and fourth place, also.

I was really into Bobby Vinton was I was younger and begged my parents to let me go and see him at the fairgrounds. I loved to watch his TV show.

Okay, now I'm feeling a little sick. Careful... if you cop to buying anything by the Osmond Family you might be banned. Stop while you're ahead!

Ok that's it for me. I was NEVER into the Osmonds, but I LOVED Motown and always thought that the Jackson Five could kick theirs Asses without even trying.
Little Micheal Jackson could really sing.:D

Yeah, I gotta agree. It would be hard to be bad in Pulp Fiction. Still, I always think of those damned "Look Whose Talking" movies as what he does best; movies that I cannot be bothered to see...

Bill

I guess I'm embarrassed to say I thought he was good in Michael, Swordfish and Phenominom ( and I probably spelled that wrong)
You are right everyone else was better than him in Pulp Fiction. I did say he's a good actor not a great actor.

You like the bald Bukowski? You are strange girl !!

Bobby Vinton is better than John Travolta. Travolta is a good actor. In most roles.

Baldy Bukowski, well of course, it's all about Content. Never judge a book by it's cover or hat or hair.

And at the time I bought good ol' Johnny Travolta's Album he was Very popular in a little role he had on a little TV show called "Welcome back Kotter" as Vinnie Barbarino. It was a crush. What can I say. I am a strangegirl.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back