my dinner with jimi? (1 Viewer)

d gray

tried to do his best but could not
Founding member
anyone seen this? sounds interesting but don't know if it's worth watching

51NenTE3PTL._SS500_.jpg

It sounds good as a documentary (it should have been!), but I'm not sure I want to see anyone pretending to be those guys...I think you're veering into The Doors territory here. Ha.

no doubt. i've seen some stills and it looks like a 60's rock theme halloween party. but i heard the singer from the turtles - who wrote the screenplay - interviewed and the nite in london sounds so crazy - just to hear how abusive and nasty john lennon was to them is tempting me.

Because mr. d gray has mentioned it I added it to my NetFlix queue . Now if only my dear wife does not edit the queue.
I think it intrigues me because I remember the Turtles and their transition to Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. Mr M is right that it should have been a documentary but there was obviously no cameras at these alleged events.

I think it intrigues me because I remember the Turtles and their transition to Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

Same here! It's probably worth the price of admission. I think I might buy it.
Thanks for the heads up, d gray!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because mr. d gray has mentioned it I added it to my NetFlix queue .
don't hate me if it sucks Gerard!:D if i see it first and it blows i'll let you know.

I think it intrigues me because I remember the Turtles and their transition to Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

i had no idea about that til i heard howard kaylan interviewed on wfmu recently. he said it was totally mind-blowing working with zappa and that mothers lineup.

...it should have been a documentary but there was obviously no cameras at these alleged events.
I was thinking more along the lines of interviewing anyone who is still around now and cutting in old stills and film. More of a reminiscence than a documentary, strictly speaking, but those can be very good.

holy shit! i saw that about 20 years ago, always remembered it and the two freaky dudes talking to him - i had no idea they were the guys from the turtles aka flo and eddie.
thanks digney i always wanted to see that again

It came in the mail today. A quote from my lovely wife, "I can't believe you got another movie with only 2.3 stars. You know it's going to suck."
The sad part is that she is always right, the little darling. I hope the movie is entertaining.

The movie was actually good in a small way. The actor who portrayed Howard Kaylan had been nominated for and academy award( when he was a little kid{8 year old Justin Henry was the youngest academy award nominee} in Kramer vs. Kramer. )

The music was very good and the story was pretty good.

i'm still gonna watch it i just haven't found it yet. how was the part with john lennon? was he super-nasty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back