• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

My friend has 3 manuscripts to sell (The Unofficial Cornelis Vreeswijk thread) (2 Viewers)

Dear mjp, why don't you disclose your name? Are you a castrati? A man with no balls? If you grow so balls you will publish your real name and you won't be hiding Under a blog full of losers. (With few exceptions) Maybe you are just a poetry fan virgin with no life calling himself An expert on an author who wouldn't give a fuck about a virgin like you Well my testicules-less friendo you better dont die a virgin there's so many Terrorist waiting for you in heaven, that goes for the other 70 like you in this blog Moreover, maybe the only way for you to get a woman it might be the Russianswife.com Site.....lots of Natasha's out there! But remember : no Gucci no coochie Mmmmmh, somebody is going to the flee market! You might also find the last season of glee in there

Dear mjp, why don't you disclose your name? Are you a castrati? A man with no balls? If you grow so balls you will publish your real name and you won't be hiding Under a blog full of losers.
Members of the Sonny Vincent crew never disclose their name. Wanna meet Sonny?

Yes. Plenty! Love his songs.
Have you seen last years film based on his bio?
Pre-tty good.
Previous lead singer of Turbonegro, Hank von Helvete, has the lead role.

Never heared about Cornelis Vreeswijk before.
But in the trailer he looks a bit like a crossing of the 1980-Ben Gazzara and the 70s-Bud Spencer.

Roni: You have your Charles bukowski Society but Erik has his Cornelis Vreeswijk Sällskapet.

NH50ak-2.jpg

I'd love to watch the biopic on Cornelis. Do you know there is a subtitled version in English, German,
Dutch, Danish or even in French?

Roni: You have your Charles bukowski Society but Erik has his Cornelis Vreeswijk Sällskapet.
Since he seems to be a musician, I'd rather compare it to my relationship with Gainsbourg than with Bukowski. I guess. (Even though I ain't a member of a society dedicated to Gainsbourg, of course.)
Maybe Eric feels like telling a bit about his musical hero?
What is it with this guy, Eric?

He was a very famous Swedish musician, born in Holland but immigrated to Sweden with his parents in 1949 at the age of 12.

From Wikipedia:

"A political singer with a bohemian lifestyle, Vreeswijk remained controversial in the sixties and early seventies, idolized by his fans but disapproved of by many others for his "rude" language and persistent interest in "unsuitable" people like prostitutes and criminals. Some of his records were blacklisted by the public broadcasting company Sveriges Radio"

A sort of Swedish Bukowski, maybe? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornelis_Vreeswijk

Looked up a couple of his songs now. Must confess, he didn't impress me much. Maybe just because I don't get a word.

What I liked though was 'Cornelis Vreeswijk sjunger Märk hur vår skugga:

Gentlemen, can we please fucking FOCUS for just ONE minute.

This thread did not start out with weird-ass Swedish musicians that are into cannibalism.

This thread is all about:
1) Bukowski original manuscripts now in possession of former KGB agents
2) Weird ass (cute) Russian chicks with a smart tongue
3) Feral cats
4) Good quality Crystal Meth

CARLA, I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

This poem is unpublished and was written by the great Charles Bukowski just weeks after the American bi-centennial - when every truly patriotic American man had a huge hard-on and wanted to kick Russian ass.

And even though we were in the middle of a dumb-ass Cold War with the equally stupid Soviet Union, Buk pays tribute to Stravinsky, a very talented Russian... if there is such a thing...

I would suggest that you cover up your Hello Kitty tramp stamp with this poem so your Johns can at least get some culture while they are riding you doggie style.

Just sayin...

strat.png

Well, how about giving us the title of the poems and the pros here on the forum can tell you if they are truly unpublished (though Buk did sometimes write 2 poems with the same title). How about it?

hey mjp!
Being the guy who runs this place doesn't entitle You to highjack this thread either!

So, who's the coolest singer/songwriter in Denmark?
Anybody? Bukfan?

somebody highjacked this thread but it wasn't mjp or arse-kisser...;))

I didn't have the impression, there was anything to highjack before Ponder and Erik opened my mind for foreign musicians.

So: Who's the coolest Danish singer/songwriter? I demand to know! Goddamit!!

Lars Ulrich is clearly the most important musician to EVER come out of Denmark -- and Metallica sucks, so there you have it...

I didn't have the impression, there was anything to highjack before Ponder and Erik opened my mind for foreign musicians.

well, i didn't want to name names...:DD

btw isn't "danish singer/songwriter" and "cool" an oxymoron?

Maybe Eric feels like telling a bit about his musical hero?
What is it with this guy, Eric?

OK Roni, though I guess Bukfan already said what needed to be said.
The thing about Vreeswijk is that he is a sort of blend between the blues and swedish folk songs. An acquired taste, yes, some not knowing Swedish folk music might even say weird. :wb:

Another thing: His bio sort of reminds me of Lennon or Marley, a sensitive child with a tough childhood, with talent, growing up fearless and vulnerable because of it. He also had that ability to create simple and strong melodies AND lyrics. Not many can do both like that. Only thing: He never found his Ono to take care og his finances or a Lynda B. to feed him health food and wash his socks.

His lyrics are hard to characterize in English. They were always honest, no nonsense and true.

Roni: By the way, the song you picked out shows good taste. Its a cover version of a famous Swedish poet/song writer from the 16 century: Carl Michael Bellman. He could also write melodies AND lyrics. I quote:

On the surface, Bellman's songs centre to a large extent around themes like the joy of inebriation and the pursuit of sexual pleasure. Against this backdrop, however, he manages to elucidate the tender and fleeting themes of love, death, and the elusive qualities of the "present", the here-and-now, in a unique and moving manner.

But i digress.

Try out this song for an original Vreeswijk. Its about a middle aged man falling in love with a 17-yearold girl:
Balladen om Fredrik Ã…kare

Oh and he DID speak dutch, and put out some successful records there. Maybe you can understand some dutch?:

Veronika

Another favorite is this one:
Cool Water - På Den Gyldene Freden

Oh, and Denmarks best/weirdest singer/song writer is definitely

C.V. Jørgensen: På Gyngende Grund

manuscripts?
Hi Jack?
Isn't life just one long digression anyway?

hey mjp!
Being the guy who runs this place doesn't entitle You to highjack this thread either!

So, who's the coolest singer/songwriter in Denmark?
Anybody? Bukfan?

I would say Kim Larsen. He's very popular despite his lyrics not always being mainstream. He's know as "The Danish national bard". Him and his rock band "Gasolin'" and their 10 albums were extremely popular in the 70's. Then he went solo and still continue giving concerts and releasing albums to this day.
Many of his lyrics and personal opinions are very anti-establishment. A quote from Wikipedia:

"Larsen has many times voiced his opposition to the established society and instead advocated the right to be different from the mainstream: The album and movie Midt om natten revolves around this subject as does the album 231045-0637. The title for this last album is Kim Larsens social security number which is strictly personal. Larsen was against the big database of every citizen, implied by this title.
As a heavy smoker, he paid in August 2008 an advertising campaign which showed the text "Tillykke med rygeforbudet - Gesundheit macht frei !!!". The first sentence means "Congratulations on the smoking ban" in Danish, the second sentence means "health makes free" in German. Whilst smoking bans are allegedly not made to protect smokers, but non-smokers, Kim Larsen constructed a connection between smoking bans and such Nazi phrases as Arbeit macht frei."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Larsen

You can no doubt find many of his songs on Youtube, but you miss a lot when you don't speak the language. However, this video here of the song "Midt Om Natten" ("In The Middle Of The Night"), one of his most popular songs, shows what he's singing about by using clips from the Kim Larsen movie of the same name, "Midt om natten" ("In The Middle Of The Night"). It's about how the police turned up in the middle of the night to remove a bunch of hippie-squatters from the area they had occupied. It clearly has parallels to Freetown Christiania in Copenhagen which have been a hippie-squatter area since 1971 and which has often been in danger of being closed down by the authorities. The tune is very "catchy" and I've translated the lyrics as best I could so you know what he's singing about:

The cops came before we expected them
in the middle of the night
So, me and my baby were at it again
They threw tear gas through the windows
So, that the tears rolled down into the living rooms
Oh yes
The next thing that happened, I dare not think about
a guy we called "Spacey" went right into the blue
He hit the street from the fourth floor
it wasn't our fault, he was just raving mad
said the cops
they let us out when it was about three o'clock
they said go on home, but we asked, where's that
Now, I'm looking forward to becoming an old man
then I'll probably get a room with electricity and water
and the cops will hardly visit me
again
in the middle of the night.
in the middle of the night.

[This video is unavailable.]

Kim Larsen "Midt Om Natten" album cover (1983), and a recent photo of him:

Kim_Larsen_-_Midt_om_natten-2.jpg
KimLarsen-1-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's too bad, Black Swan! The one you posted is a much later live version, which is still fine. The one I posted showed clips from the movie which portrays what's going on in the song, but I guess my translation of the text is enough to let you know what it's about.

I found some of Kim Larsen's songs on Youtube where he sings them in English. Here's a nice little love song he made back in the 70's with his band, "Gasolin'":

[This video is unavailable.]

Hi MJ,
I'm doing well actually. How's the life as a loser working for ya? (je!) did i fracture my ESL on that one?
Still waiting for one of your boyz to put together some money to buy a manuscript from Alan.
It's incredible! this blog should be the best tool to find a freak that can afford $1500 for a page of your hero!
Anyway, saw the gatsby movie and it sucks. This is a good point to start a new tread, what was bukowski's words for american literature?

Carla, god bless you!

Alan hasn't sold his manuscripts because his asking price is too high. The high side for manuscripts is closer to $500. And even if his prices were not too high, no one will ever buy them without seeing them first. I thought we went over that already? Are you becoming forgetful due to excessive amyl nitrite use? I warned you to lay off that shit.

I'm glad you're okay and you haven't lost any of that third world spunk that we love you for. Send our love to Alan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back