new buk dvd's of his last reading (1 Viewer)

I don't know if everybody is aware of this or not, but if you go to bukowskilive.com you can order the last (I think) two readings Buk ever gave. It's just been released.

(coff)

buklive120x233.jpg
< -- Click

Well, I wasn't going to say anything...

I assumed that was so ugly that no one could miss it.

I don't know if everybody is aware of this or not, but if you go to bukowskilive.com you can order the last (I think) two readings Buk ever gave. It's just been released.

dude, i don't mean to be a dick or anything, but we were probably the first to know. thats why we have this fine forum here.

Yeah, I don't know how the fuck I missed that one. I was just in touch with one of the guys who made the dvd and he told me to get the word out, so seeing I had about 1 minute left on the computer ( I'm in the goddamn library) I thought I 'd post it. Don't I feel like a fucking asshole. Sorry about that.

Question about this DVD... Is this the reading that the audio CD "Hostage" was made from? The Redondo Beach one that is. "I come from San Pedro, to put Redondo Beach, on the map."

Or am I remembering that wrong?

Cool. Thanks. I've listened to that CD hundreds of times it seems. But, it'd still be neat to actually SEE Hank threaten to 'cut the fucking nodules off your earlobes', or something to that effect.

(/begin rant) I know that I'm stealing a fight from the book "Eats Shoots and Leaves", but I noticed this before the book was pubished, so I'm allowed....

Is it just me or does it drive you all crazy when people put DVD's and Video's? It is not so bad in a forum as it is informal, but it makes me cringe to see a store that put up a sign that was professionally made and it says "DVD's & Video's."

This is nto the only case. I have seen menus (or is it "menu's?") and signs that get their "to/two/too" mixed up as well as there "they're/there/their."

If the clients don't know, who are these printers that are not making the changes.

Maybe I need to take a trip in the wayback machine. (/end rant)

Bill

Welcome to the 21st century.

I receive people's resumes, it's part of my job. I am not a perfect speller by any means - the computer saves me most of the time. But how does this get out as the very first line of the cover letter on your resume:

"Hello my name is Pablo R******** attached is my resume for your review. I feel I would be asset to your teem. I speak both English and Spanish fluently."

The guy might be perfect for the job, but when I saw "teem" I hit the delete key. And I delete about half the resumes I receive based on stuff like that. Or a resume sent from [email protected] or something. If you can't be bothered to get an email address that is not - I don't know - how do you even classify that?! And you want me to consider you for a job?

I have a text file somewhere full of addresses like those and really bad cover letter blunders that would make you cringe. What's worse is knowing I passed but someone else has probably hired them.

"Hello my name is Pablo R******** attached is my resume for your review. I feel I would be asset to your teem. I speak both English and Spanish fluently."
I uset too have a fuckoff.com adress from datapimp, back in the day as the kid's say. Are you sayin that you wood knot hire me? I feel like I'm being taken for granite.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back