New Bukowski Mix Compilation (2 Viewers)

Hi, I'm a big bukowski fan that has recently finished a mix album featuring a number of bukowski spoken word performances set to electronic music.

For a download, please visit www.thelullabyleague.co.uk and click on mixes.

It will be coming out in a higher quality format download and CD soon. let me know if you would like a copy. Feedback appreciated. It also features Richard Brautigan and Ginsberg. Bukowski appears on the artwork too.

Thanks

The Lullaby League

[email protected]

hindenburg.jpg

Hi Lul,

I do prefer rap and hip hop. Suggestion for the second cd? Buk loved this type of music as well.

Does make me want to go and do a full hip/hop Bukowski album now, just to annoy you! The kids will love it all, Bukowski always on about his "whores" or 'hoes perhaps in hip hop parlance. It could work quite well.

No thanks,ill wait for the bukowski sportsCar from BMW.
It will have all the extras, Bukowski fake-vomit on every seat(heatable),an old tubeRadio with 5gbyte of classicMp3s and an remingtonRoyal touchscreenTypewriter integrated into the steering Wheel.
It will also have a "drunkDriver- supportSystem" -
on impact it will call an ambulance to your position right away.
Ah, progress.

Bluebird

You don't have to do anything else to annoy me. You've already done plenty. But what do I know.

Funny Old World. You know this mix is supposed to be fun you know. I know it isn't high art. I did as a bit of a laugh. Go with the flow.

In fact, name dropper that I am, the time I met Bukowski he appeared to have a sense of humour.... something lacking here.

oh well.

Bukowski he appeared to have a sense of humour.... something lacking here.
I'm not sure how you equate the lack of humor to the lack of tolerance for shit.

And just so you know, I'm calling it shit without even bothering to listen to it.

Here's the thing, if I make a painting, I don't want someone to pick it up and add their own paint to it. If I make a movie, I don't want someone to come along and decide that the bit in the middle should be at the and recut it. If I write a song about manhole covers, I don't want someone to come along and take my melody and chant lyrics about how magnificent their dick is over the top of it.

You getting my drift here?

All art is appropriation. You just haven't learned the difference between appropriation and vandalism. Because that's what you're doing, you're vandalizing the work of the people whose readings you used. They did not write or read them hoping that one day someone would set them to a backdrop of modern music.

That's my opinion, and it isn't a personal attack on you, I don't know you. It's an attack on what you're doing. Because to me, it's not right. If my favorite musician of all time did what you did I would have the same opinion of the results. It isn't about the quality or lack of quality of the music, it's about fucking with someone else's art.

i think the issue is, for lack of better terms, what is the canvas and what is the art in this scenario. putting mixes under a poet reading poetry is adding a new canvas, rather than appropriating a new canvas and adding art to it. somehow i feel like, if you were a poet, and you recorded yourself reading poetry over some beats someone else had composed, that would somehow be better, because you would be recasting the focal point of the creation as your own, rather than just slipping your own stuff under someone else's art. this probably doesn't make much sense, and i don't really find anything wrong with what lullaby is doing, except that i'm not really interested in that sort of mashup.

putting mixes under a poet reading poetry is adding a new canvas, rather than appropriating a new canvas and adding art to it. somehow i feel like, if you were a poet, and you recorded yourself reading poetry over some beats someone else had composed, that would somehow be better, because you would be recasting the focal point of the creation as your own, rather than just slipping your own stuff under someone else's art.
Under or over, you can argue that anything and everything is okay in the big creative scheme of things. All artists borrow, great artists steal, as they say. I just wonder whatever happened to creating something from nothing. I guess that's an old fashioned idea now.

I'm taking the words to this thread and I'm reciting them over Bukowski's favorite classical pieces. I'm calling it "Buk over the Classics." I'm taking pre-orders now.

Yes, also satin baseball jackets with pictures of eveyone in the thread on the back will be available.

I'm just now tallying up the words of each poster so the royalties can be divided fairly.

after 36 years, I finally found the WORST thing I've ever listened to...

oh, it's soooooooo bad.

Words don't do it justice, EXTREMELY horrible and annoying (are starters..).
I'm ashamed to say I know the music (2 Unlimited), the song 'ya'll ready for this' is the KING of cheese, is this a joke?? It must be, Bukowski is rolling in his grave. Whoever made this, please tear your ears off (maybe they are already gone...?) and gauge your eyes out, stay as far away from 'cheap' computer recording packages as you can.
WORST EVER.

The Lullaby League are 'bad', and not in a Run DMC, Michael Jackson way, just plain BAD...

At Last....

after 36 years, I finally found the WORST thing I've ever listened to...

oh, it's soooooooo bad.

Words don't do it justice, EXTREMELY horrible and annoying (are starters..).
I'm ashamed to say I know the music (2 Unlimited), the song 'ya'll ready for this' is the KING of cheese, is this a joke?? It must be, Bukowski is rolling in his grave. Whoever made this, please tear your ears off (maybe they are already gone...?) and gauge your eyes out, stay as far away from 'cheap' computer recording packages as you can.
WORST EVER.

The Lullaby League are 'bad', and not in a Run DMC, Michael Jackson way, just plain BAD...

At Last someone who understands......

Under or over, you can argue that anything and everything is okay in the big creative scheme of things. All artists borrow, great artists steal, as they say. I just wonder whatever happened to creating something from nothing. I guess that's an old fashioned idea now.

dude, i was just trying to give you an out in case someone brought up what a huge hypocrite you were (cough cough INKPOEMS.COM cough).

because sarcasm is almost always lost in discussion forums, let me point out that i'm not being serious.

Ha. Now you've done it...

If defacing the pages of 400 year old bibles with bad ink scrawls is a crime, what have we come to as a society, I ask you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back