New Bukowski reading DVDs (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Remember these?

https://bukowskiforum.com/showthread.php?t=535

It seems that they are actually approaching a release date. Finding a mainstream distributor has proven to be difficult, so they are going to sell direct on the world wide innernets, rebel style!

http://www.bukowskilive.com/

There are also about half a dozen more domains that point to that site for some reason: bukowski-dvd.com, charles-bukowski.org, charlesbukowski.us, hank-bukowski.com, buk-dvd.com, buk-ends.com, buk-ends.net.

As most things Bukowski, it's been a long wait, but I really look forward to seeing these (to belabor the obvious).

As soon as I hear a release date, I'll drop it here, of course.

awesome.
so that's the Dennis Linda is yelling at for more wine at the beginning of "Born Into This?"
ha.

so that's the Dennis Linda is yelling at for more wine at the beginning of "Born Into This?"
Yeah, that's him. It's really amazing that the Vancouver tape still exists, considering how it (they) bounced around, then sat on a high dusty shelf in San Pedro for so many years.

Great news! Fingers crossed.

W're also still waiting for, the deepfreezevideo guy, or what is his name...

I was thinking the same thing.

i don't really know what i'm more excited over.

that would be nice is that interview from deepfreeze became something but i'm not counting my chickens.

I love all this new video stuff. For years all I had was BUKOWSKI AT BELLEVUE. I would show it to people and it would turn them OFF Bukowski forever.

I love all this new video stuff. For years all I had was BUKOWSKI AT BELLEVUE. I would show it to people and it would turn them OFF Bukowski forever.

yeah, if the quality didnt turn them off then i'm sure that one piece of hair dangling in the middle of his forehead might.
thats a great reading, but my least favorite buk video footage. i only watch it on rainy days.

hi mjp. i guess you were out of town or something when we passed through. left two messages. anyway, i believe anna and jon picked up finished product today, so people can start to order by the weekend or immediately?

hi mjp. i guess you were out of town or something when we passed through. left two messages. anyway, i believe anna and jon picked up finished product today, so people can start to order by the weekend or immediately?
Sorry, man. I got roped into an exciting afternoon of kitchen cabinet installation at a friend's place. "It should take about 45 minutes," he said at 11 AM. 8 hours later we finished up. On the plus side, he did have some very high quality tequila right there on the counter.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why it took 8 hours...

That's great news about the reading DVDs. Looks like they can be ordered right now:

http://bukowskilive.com/

Great news! I've send them a mail asking how much shipment to Denmark will be. They should have put up a Paypal form for international orders too!

Last edited by a moderator:
well fuck... no go for me. about to be a father any day now. the unemployment compensation place is about to put my ass in jail for lying to them and i spent over a 1000 dollars at the bar on cigarettes and on shit (good shit) like this this past month.

That's great news about the reading DVDs. Looks like they can be ordered right now:

http://bukowskilive.com/riot_pur.htm
http://bukowskilive.com/straw_pur.htm

Save a whole dollar on each disc - purchase via Ebay:
[plus discounted and international shipping]

NEW - Charles Bukowski - There's Gonna Be a Riot - DVD

NEW - Charles Bukowski - The Last Straw - DVD

If those links stop working, try the mondayMedia ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mondayMEDIA-and-GemsTone-Products

They have'nt answered my email yet. If they don't find out soon how people outside the US can order them, then I'll have to order them through ebay...:(

Bukfan, did you check the ebay links yet? They advertise shipping to Denmark is $6 USD for one disc, plus $3 USD for each additional one.

The ebay sales are official and from the same folks who are behind the BukowskiLive site.

Incidentally, I ordered one of each DVD and the shipping discount wasn't automatically applied when I tried to pay via the ebay checkout and I couldn't amend it.

Then I logged into the Paypal site - this allowed me to adjust the amount manually before paying.

No, I have'nt checked the ebay links. Thanks for the tip about the postage! Do I have to become a member of ebay to order the DVD's?

Yes you would need to join ebay, and also paypal if you are not already a member/user.

I have a paypal account so I guess I'll just have to become a member of ebay as well.
Did you just order the 2 DVD's via your own Paypal account in order to save the $3 - instead of using the premade forms? In that case maybe I could just get hold of the company's email address and send them the money through Paypal thus avoiding ebay membership?

I ordered via ebay first then paid from paypal.

I would suggest you either wait for them to reply to your earlier email otherwise join ebay and order that way.

Bukfan I've PM'd you.

I'm told that sales are already good, and also that they only pressed 1000 copies of each reading. So, while I wouldn't expect them to sell out in a week or anything, I'd still get while the getting's good. It would suck to go to buy them 6 months from now and find they're gone (like the elusive Barfly DVDs).

man oh man, i'm worried they're gonna sell out.
think they'd press more if they did?

okay so, when you guys get these, let us know how they are.

anybody know about the last straw? that's the same reading that's on the Hostage disc right? anyways, if so, this is, in my opinion, the funniest reading he ever gave. I'm very excited to see the film from this.

TDjazz said:
About the video quality of the Vancouver disc: I didn't expect the best quality, but are the lines and glitches on the actual film, or do I have a bad DVD? I think it's the former, but I'd like to be sure..

It's just the typical problems that you would expect in a transfer from from an old video tape. Overall not too bad.

anybody know about the last straw? that's the same reading that's on the Hostage disc right? anyways, if so, this is, in my opinion, the funniest reading he ever gave. I'm very excited to see the film from this.

Yep, the same reading as Hostage.

Got them today. I didn't even notice good or bad quality. Great readings and atmosphere.
Huge glasses of red wine during Hostage, small audience, smoking, Linda happily waving.

The Vancouver reading: 18 short poems in 1 hour & 37 minutes. :D

TDjazz said:
About the video quality of the Vancouver disc: I didn't expect the best quality, but are the lines and glitches on the actual film, or do I have a bad DVD? I think it's the former, but I'd like to be sure.

I got some lines and artifacts, but they popped in only once in a while. Sure beats the reading at Bellvue quality! I'm real happy with both these DVDs. Great addition to my growing collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back