New Chapbook from Chance Press - No. 2236 Flying Wedge (2 Viewers)

What kind of strings are those?
Extra super slinky clear.

So are there pics of the Iceman?
I may have a picture of the Iceman. I should, anyway. I can't find it on line because it was an unusual configuration/finish that I special ordered. But this is what the thing looks like:

Iceman.jpg

The book isn't about the Iceman, though. I never warmed up to that guitar (no pun intended), it mainly sat around as a backup. I traded it off after less than a year.

I just got my copies (Including letter A!). An amazing read, an amazing design and binding. Really perfect in all ways. A great addition to my collection.

Great job Jordan, Justine & mjp! Another one to be proud of.

Bill

...or the first guy to pay! Hear that folks? If you jump fast, you get the super premium low letters. Plus, if you wait too long, they will sell out. You do NOT want to have to pay 10 or 20 times the issue price in a few years...

Bill

you hear that? buy buy buy! we have 3 copies of 'common thread' left, and then it's out of print forever. also, 3 copies of the serafini book (trade edition) remain before it too suffers the same fate. we're well-stocked in trade editions of both steve and mjp's book, although the special editions are very close to selling out (only 1 hines and 4 mjp's are left).

You always know where you stand when you get an A or #1. They hold those for the big shots you know. ;)

I was pretty stoked about getting B. At first I thought I got dot, but then I pulled out the loop I had laying around from back in the day when I was a printers assistant and sure enough ... B, just like in Billville.:)

Ask And Ye Shall Receive

Number: one arrived safe and sound in the UK. Thanks folks.

A great story, mjp. Brings back memories of my own foolish youth. I was in two bands in the sixties. Played a few gigs. Owned a few guitars that I customized. Sold two of them, dumped one (my first) in the trash can when we moved to Oregon. Ah youth!

I have to ask: are there recordings of you playing that we can hear? Photos of you and your guitar? Come on, don't be shy.

Yeah, the endpapers really impressed me too. The whole god damn thing impressed me. I think I said it was "a little jewel" when I first saw it, and I still think it is. The writing aside.

Not a sales pitch (but buy it anyway, you cheap bastards!), just a compliment to Jordan and Justine.

Definitely buy this. It's beautiful, and it reminded me of something important I'd forgotten: music exists.

Yeah, I've been working too hard ...

came today. I haven't read it yet, so I'll comment on the words later when I have.

but what I can say is that j&j are creating a visual branding for their deluxe editions that is unique but unifying at the same time.

that's artsy fartsy talk for: if I went to a small press fair and looked at a big wall of books by a bunch of small press companies and they showed me a Chance Press book and said Can you pick out the other Chance Press books? I could.

that's confusing talk for: I like the way your books look.

excellent job. loved the endpapers, and the little Flying Wedge bookmark, and mjp's cover drawing.

and I got "G".

My De Luxe copy arrived today. It looks great. I love the endpapers, the black metal corners, the texture of the covers, and mjp's cover drawing (I got the letter "R").

Very nice short story by mjp about a teenagers first electric guitar, and very funny too!

Well done, mjp and Chance Press!

(one thing though. The endpapers and the first and last page have a tendency to get stuck in the metal corners thus creating dog ears)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my deluxe edition! Man o man,made me want to be a publisher, writer and guitarist all in one day! A thing of beauty! Nice work Chance Press and mjp, nice work indeed!

nothing better than when people whose names you don't recognize find your online store and buy a rare gem out of your back-catalog!

okay folks, only one deluxe copy left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back