New from Chance Press, redux! Hines chapbook (2 Viewers)

justine

stop the penistry
steve hines' new collection will be ready in about 2 weeks, but covers are now completed and we're just waiting for them to dry:

P1010549.JPG

P1010548.JPG

deluxe edition won't be ready for about a month, maybe.

well, whoever this young unknown Steve Hines is, it's my bet that he's quite the scribbler. and handsome, no doubt!

yep.

if, however, you were referring to the delicate interplay between the image and the text, the credit for that rests with the geniuses behind chance press.

we have to finish assembling them so that justine will work her sewing magic, and then we'll announce them for sale. deluxe editions will take another month (or quite possibly two, since they will be complicated and time-intensive), so people who are on our deluxe list will be getting two shipments (or one shipment, but a while from now).

steve hines' poetry collection (regular edition) is available from today:

-$9 (shipping included) and available for immediate shipment

-$14 (shipping included) for both a chapbook and a signed/numbered/limited ed. gocco print on vellum. prints are en-route to canada for signing, will be available to ship in a couple of weeks

deluxe editions won't be ready for another month or so. an email will go out to our deluxe wait-list first, if any are available after that our general email list will receive notification and then i'll post here.

more info here

just a note to clear up some confusion:

the trade edition + print (for $14) is not a separate edition. it's like a "combo pack" consisting of the standard trade edition (limited to 50 copies) and a print that will be signed and numbered, limited to 30.

the deluxe edition will be much different, and much fancier, which is why it won't be available for another 4-6 weeks.

as we have discovered in the past, there is a huge, HUGE difference between how hard ideas seem in theory and how hard they'll actually be in practice. so, bearing that in mind, we are estimating that the price for this deluxe chap will be around $30-35. hopefully i'll get the first mockup done this weekend.

Thanks, Justine! I already ordered the trade edition with the Gocco print, but I think the Deluxe edition sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the mock-up for steve's book was finally completed this weekend; the real deal is in production as of this week. i'm waiting for confirmation from about 3 people, but at this stage the deluxe edition is sold out:

HINES%20dlx%20cover%20detail%203.JPG

HINES%20dlx%20corner%20detail.JPG

HINES%20dlx%20display%205.JPG

this is just a mock-up, to put the ideas into practice, so it looks a bit rough and unpolished, and all the lines are crooked.

On another thread I read that you're putting out a collection of slimedog's posts on the buk forum? Is this true? How is this even possible if he's still writing them. Did he pass away? Won't this somehow break the obscenity laws, at least in New Zealand anyways? Why do the birds keep on singing?

On another thread I read that you're putting out a collection of slimedog's posts on the buk forum?

"The Complete Slimedog Posts" - Vol. 1...:D

the mock-up for steve's book was finally completed this weekend;

It looks great, and the design is one of a kind. Very original for a poetry book, and the metal corners is a nice touch!

the mock-up for steve's book was finally completed this weekend; the real deal is in production as of this week. i'm waiting for confirmation from about 3 people, but at this stage the deluxe edition is sold out...this is just a mock-up, to put the ideas into practice, so it looks a bit rough and unpolished, and all the lines are crooked.

The only word I can come up with for this is visionary.

got my copies today of the trade edition and the colophon pages to sign.

I'll be sending the package pack in the next few days, then j&j will do their magic on the deluxe edition.

thanks to everyone who bought a copy.

It's a cool book, in any form. Get one before it disappears into the sold out Chance Press ether...

With a trip to San Fran forthcoming--I might just have the opportunity to buy it straight from the Chance Storefront! Looking forward to it...

The brick-and-mortar "Chance Press" should look something like this (if there were any justice in the world)

bookstore-el-ateneo.jpg

Photo: The bookstore El Ateneo in Buenos Aires. Credit: Sitemarca on Flickr.com

if I told you once, I've told you a thousand times. unicorns aren't paranormal!

once you read my book, you'll eat your words motherfucker, and I'll come riding into your flea bag town atop Cypher, my magnificent unicorn steed. and once you see that beautiful beast sweating and pumping its haunches between my legs bareback, you'll....um....you'll.....

I gotta go.

seriously, the book isn't about unicorns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back