New quarterly poetry magazine: MILK #1 - Call for submissions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
josh & chris:

this is a beautiful, clean, modern, elegant chap. fantastic job all round. looooove the fonts. already looking forward to the next one!

Got mine today. Thanks for mailing these with the cardboard backs separating each copy. They arrived in perfect shape - even with the Chicago Post Office handling them. Woo-hoo !

Great-looking design - clean and classic.

And though I'm only 1/3 way through, I like "The Wharf" by Jordan as my favorite so far. That will change again and again as I continue reading but, thanks for the nice variety of material.

Bring Back The WPA !

Just received mine, read it, and every page is FULL. If you're reading this, and have yet to order a copy, please remove your head from your ass and get a copy ordered. Thanks to all who contributed to this splendid debut.

I concur wholeheartedly. mdr and chronic have created something that has the potential to create a lasting documentation of 21st century poetry. From what mdr posted nearly a month ago (~50 copies left at the end of June), a high percentage of the 200 copies must have sold, which bodes well for continuing to get submissions from quality writers. And thank whatever god you might believe in that it's on paper and you can read it like a civilized human being and not a robot.

Thanks for putting the cardboard in with it, because when I first saw it crammed into my PO BOX I was mega worried. But it survived... it's a damn crap shoot with the post office. Now let the games begin.

No Milk yet. Of course they can travel thousands of miles before they make it ten miles to the other side of town.

Well, that sucks. But hey, there's always tomorrow

and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

I expect something to take a few days to travel the great distances we're talking about here. I mean, West side to East side - it's gotta be rough.

Mine came a few days ago and this little armpit of California is generally the last stop for the Post Office. It was in perfect condition even the envelope. Of course
I recently quizzed our new mail carrier about a package that was lost last month. He had that the lights are on and nobody's home look in his eyes. Thank you
for the great book a work of art in it's own way.

mjp - Here's hoping that the Post Office didn't grab your copies in order to experiment with ways to defeat that sophisticated cardboard technology. They probably hate packaging that actually protects the contents.

nothing in Delaware yet, but I see that they are making their way across the US. Hopefully tomorrow, but if not, then certainly by Monday!

I recieved mine a couple of days ago. I haven't had the time to crack this thing open yet,but hopefully will this weekend. The cover is great! and ya, the cardboard backing also saved my copies as they too were crammed into my small mail slot.

If Delaware gets them before me, I'm filing a formal complaint with Obama.

Milk #1 - Now in hand in 'Merry old' England.

Arrived safe and sound here too. Looks very smart. Will crack the cellophane a little later.

Hermits-Milk.jpg

I'm gonna get myself a super-soaker water gun and go on a milk-shooting spree.

It is only about 90 degrees today (it was over 100 this weekend with the heat index over 110, so the smell of spoiled milk will be nauseating.

My mail man gets here at about 4:30 on Mondays, so if I don't see him with a hefty parcel, he'll be the first casualty...

Bill

don't got milk.JPG

plus, that's sexist.

so, I didn't get MILK today and I made a sexist post. great.

Well the mail hasn't arrived at my place yet (I'm at work anyway), but I'm beginning to think that this is the only way I'll ever get any Milk...

man-sucking-udder-200.jpg
drinking+milk.jpg

While the rest of the world just wastes it as if it is nothing...

milk.jpg

STILL NO MILK.JPG

there I go again. maybe I need sensitivity training, or something.

I blame it on the trauma of not having MILK yet.

and the war, of course.

I blame Obama and the vast left wing media conspiracy. And Area 51, the Freemasons, the Trilateral commission, the Bilderberg Group, Haliburton, BP, WalMart and Unilever.

lame!?! it took a lot to convince my wife to pose for those pictures!

you know, her being a feminist and all.

I suppose you've plenty of time to convince her of most anything seeing you got nothin' to read. :D If you don't have Milk by Friday we want full frontal.

Hey, we wrote the fucker. Reading is for squares.

Ward and Beaver.jpg

Beaver: Dad, how do I get the taste of sour grapes out of my mouth? Ward: With cool and refreshing Milk, son, cool and refreshing Milk. Now, son, we need to talk about this poem you wrote about anal beads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back