New quarterly poetry magazine: MILK #1 - Call for submissions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ashley-mary-kate-olsen-gotmilk400x515.jpg

yes.
yes, I GOT Milk today!

damn, it didn't come today. and I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation, so I'll have to wait until I get back to see it.

but it'll be worth the wait.

I received copies yesterday. Actually I received one copy on Thursday because marina del rey is a swell guy. But I received the copies I was supposed to get in the first place yesterday.

As it turns out, the post office sent them from the west side of Los Angeles to Pendleton Oregon (1,016 miles), then from Pendleton Oregon to the east side of Los Angeles (1,018 miles). Hence the delay. You know, due to the 2,009 miles of unnecessary travel.

Why did they do that? For fun? Just because they can? Maybe because they entered the zip code with one wrong digit when they printed the postage label.

The package was battered, as you might expect, but all copies of MILK were perfectly fine.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's good to have it here.

Maybe the post office staff in Pendleton needed the work. I imagine things are pretty slow in that part of Oregon these days, what with the economy and all.

I'm reading it for a second time and some stuff I've read several times. Who are some of those people besides the wonders of buk.net?

Good to hear mjp finally received his dose of Milk. Funny to a point but the wayward possibilities of the post office not such a laughing matter. Agree with Gerard, there's some fine fucking talent lurking these halls and then some.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

If anyone else hasn't received their copies yet, please let me know. I think they should have arrived for everyone by now, except maybe some of the ones going to European or South American countries.

Who are some of those people besides the wonders of buk.net?

All of the poet bios are here on our webpage. A lot of the poets have links to their individual homepages there as well, so you can read more about them.

Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere. I know a poem is very well written when I want to read it again and I enjoy it more each time. There are several like that in there. That one guy has moxie, doesn't he.

got mine today (I was away for a bit). haven't read it yet but it looks good. they spelled my name correctly, but really, how hard is it to spell Dan Fante?

I've read it through two times now and... fantastic. A lot of great writing and I really liked a lot of the authors that I hadn't read before.

Just ordered a copy (I'm assuming there are still some left). Admittedly I don't post here much but i'm familiar with the work of some of the poets on that list and i can't wait to read this!

and i think some of these 'milk girls' should feature on future front covers!

When the publisher sells out, I have a couple extra copies here that I'll sell for the cover price only, but only when the publisher is sold out.

Just ordered a copy (I'm assuming there are still some left).

Thanks for the order - it's already on its way to Scotland. I still have a few copies of Issue 1 remaining, but they're nearly gone now.

Pre-orders will soon be available for MILK 2. Here's a preview of the cover:

MILK 2 preview.png

Are you having it silkscreen printed?
Unlikely, though I made it two spot colors with silkscreening in mind. I looked and looked but couldn't find any screen printers in L.A. who printed on paper with the exceptions of a few fine art (expensive) printers, though there were seemingly dozens who screen print tee shirts. It will probably be produced digitally, but now that I'm in Eureka, it's a somewhat artsy town, and maybe I can find someone here to do it if I can find time to search around a bit.

Go to an art school or art graduate school. My son is in Korea but I will ask him if anyone he knows in Claremont, Ca might be able to do it.

Yeah, it's running late. Josh got married (congrats dude!) and I've been moving around. Should be soon though. Sorry for the delay... life just gets in the way of getting things done sometimes.

Glad you got your copy, reasonknot, but I'm frankly pissed this hasn't sold out yet. Should have long ago. Quality should mean something. Long time overdue but thanks, chronic, for the update. Hope the delay with #2 is not much longer. You boys have a good thing going here with this publication.

It seems the website doesn't exist anymore. That's a shame because
I wanted to show it to someone who will build my website.
I really liked the design of milkpoetrymagazine.com

chronic did all of the web design for us.

We've had to suspend everything for a while, but I hope we can get it all back up and going in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back