New Year's Greeting From Black Sparrow (1 Viewer)

Picked up for $5 each at a bookstore in San Francisco,three pamphlets that have on the outside "A New Year's Greeting From Black Sparrow Press" from 1994 (between the earthquake,the volcano and the leopard) 1997 (a new war) and 1998 (to lean back into it) since I don't claim to be a collector nor an expert by any stretch of the imagination,does anyone out there know if these are normally easy to run across or did I just get lucky?

One other question:I have access to a few Buk titles in other languages for a fairly cheap price.Is it worth picking them up or since I don't read those languages,would I just be wasting my money?

Thanks in advance for any input since I said before,I'm no collector though I do have around 40 Buk books.I just like reading the man.

One other question:I have access to a few Buk titles in other languages for a fairly cheap price.Is it worth picking them up or since I don't read those languages,would I just be wasting my money?

I think so. Maybe if it's first editions which are worth something, and you now how to sell them in those countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 for a new year's greeting is a fair price. not a screaming deal, but you do see them for more (even the posthumous softcover versions) fairly often (like around $10 - $15).

The NYG are some nice little editions. As long as you don't spend too much on them... Though the signed ones are some of the cheaper signed items if you really want one...

The only problem is that all (most, maybe?) the poems are otherwise collected.

Thanks PS. I knew it was one of them... I was going to say "Art" but I saw it was collected (thanks Works Database!) and then Now was the other one, but I wasn't sure if the collected one was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back