nyq #18 and 20 (1 Viewer)

Digney in Burnaby

donkeys live a long time
poems from nyq #18 is listed as not collected. So that's fine.

I don't think the letter to William Packard is collected. Plus it has a drawing. So that's fine.

What might be really cool is that the poem titled love, and not red dotted, isn't the one from What Matters Most.

If it's collected somewhere else I can't find it. Or remember ever seeing it anywhere but on the pages of nyq #20. Maybe I've actually found something.

poems.jpg

packard.jpg

love.png

Thanks DiB.

love is in the manuscript collection, good to read it here.

Great stuff, and you can just feel that a certain well-meaning editor hasn't mangled these with "improvements."

Yes, very cool. The one about Sally is very close to a prose version of the same tale in More Notes which raises the question of how Buk worked the poem/ story connection. He obviously did this pretty often and it would be interesting to look at the chronology of what came first, the story or poem version. There are lines in "love" exactly like those in the story version.

[...] which raises the question of how Buk worked the poem/ story connection. [...] There are lines in "love" exactly like those in the story version
Absolutely! (plus the novel-connection)
This would be one hell of work for a scholar, but also giving pretty much insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back