• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

OK, so now that we are talking about E-Bay (1 Viewer)

zoom man

Founding member
Why hasn't anyone mentioned my fantastic
Wormie lot?!:confused:

Which includes Grip the Walls
and
Shakespeare.....

(I'm leaving early this morning -> 3:30 am
and won't be back till late Sunday
(the wormies will have been sold/or , most likely, not met the reserve by then)
But please check them out,
And my other 2 Buk lots.
All new threads are welcome :)

e-bay handle-> erik6545

You are not kidding about the Wormie lot! Jesus Christ, where are you people!? Marvin Malone came along long before John Martin did and his publication is valuable and deserves many props. And that copy of GRIP THE WALLS is worth the price of admission alone!!!

If I had the money...

Wonder why Krumhansl listed Grip the Walls but not 55 beds or Night's Work, which were similar sections?

But definitely, all four of the Wormwood Bukowski-only books are must have's.

Thanks guys,
Just got back and see they didn't sell.
~$135 was the highest they got to,
Guess it is true-> bad time to be selling Buk on e-bay,
Good time to buy.
By the way,
Did you see John Martin's latest buy on e-bay?

He bought a rare magazine called Orpheus,
Published by Peter,
The publisher of A Visitor Complains.

And yes, the Humping mags are off to a guy in Virginia,...
I should copy and paste his e-mail to me, real interesting.

I was going to upload the poem published in "Orpheus" -otherwise unavailable- but it's a 8 page long poem! So it's a no go!

That Kuv Mox Whatever thing? Upload it, man! Or send it to me and I'll make it into one file or something and upload it...

Here is an e-mail I rec'd from the buyer of my humping lot.... -->

Eric - I have been a Buk collector and fan for decades. John Martin was a friend of mine and steered me to a number of fairly rare items. From my father - friends with Gypsy and John Webb - we received the remainder stacks from the defunct Loujon Press. I have the manuscripts for four of the novels. The only BSP book I dont have is Horsemeat, which was stolen during shipment, and some day will resurface. All of my BSP books are lettered copies inscribed to me, and it will be rather obvious if one surfaces with my name. Incidentally, if you ever need any of the BSP items, I still have stacks of the ordinary signed copies of alm ost everything from my book dealer days.

I too lived in Koln for a while; I was born in Leverkusen. Then I spent a number of years in Germany as a GI. And yes, there are a lot more Buk fans there.

wsh

I sent this guy a link to the forum here,....
I bet he could contribute some interesting fodder

I should have told him
"No!" I don't accept Pay-Pal,
Manuscripts only please.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that I was going to a used bookstore to see if they had 'Write' lurking in their humongous basement.
Never did it, tentively planned for tomorrow,....
I will send an e-mail now to my buyer seeing if he knows anything about it.

what is truly mindblowing is that he calls them "ordinary" signed copies. I wonder how deep into the collecting mania you have to go to call them that way.

It's like being wealthy and having ordinary stacks of hundred dollar bills lying around the house. Nothing special. ;)

HI,
I think maybe he is referring to other BSP HB 1sts that are signed, but NOT Bukowski. Those can be had at $10 at times, so although it is probably impressive, it may not be a bunch of signed Buk just lying around. I could be wrong, though. Anyone know what the collector's name is?
BIll

nope, but if you take a look at the items he has bid on as of lately you'll notice there's no Bukowski there, but quite an impressive list of unusual stuff, such as Russian illuminated manuscripts...

Hey, my copy of Sept. Stew is inscribed: "To Werner and Diane. Being 70 is easy -- as long as the typer hums. Charles Bukowski"

I suppose that's his copy, but I paid a lot of $$$ for it many years ago from a legitimate book dealer in New Hampshire and am not of a mind to return it.

Is it a presentation copy?
What color is the cloth strip?...

Man, it's a small world after all,
it's ____________

totally interesting

It is not a presentation copy. It is 1/225 with a print. Perhaps he was more inclined to let it go because it wasn't a presentation copy. So ridiculous. The only difference is the color/pattern of the spine cloth strip. If Bukowski had inscribed a book to me I'd guard it with my life.

Where in New York are you? City or State?

nymark said:
If Bukowski had inscribed a book to me I'd guard it with my life.
I wonder about that when you see some of this stuff come onto the market. But there were some people who he inscribed many things to (Arthur Applebaum comes to mind). I suppose it would be easier to part with something like that if you had twenty items he inscribed to you. But then again, for a few hundred bucks or whatever you get, it hardly seems worth it. Unless you're really hard up, or the person dies or something. I always found it odd that so many things inscribed to John Martin changed hands...

mjp said:
(Arthur Applebaum comes to mind).
The story with Applebaum (Bukowski's attorney) is that he passed away and his library was sold at a Butterfield & Butterfield auction by his family.

mjp said:
I always found it odd that so many things inscribed to John Martin changed hands...
I have heard that Martin sold his items in order to finance the move from L.A. to Santa Rosa. I don't doubt that he wishes he had all that stuff back. Take it from me, selling something from your library almost always results in REGRET!

nymark said:
Take it from me, selling something from your library almost always results in REGRET!

Egads, don't say that.
I'm getting some Buk items ready to go....
And I do remember where I was when I bought all of them
(well, ok, 2 of them, ;) )

Is there a certain episode that you are referring to?
Please elaborate....
Enquiring minds on a beautiful sunny day want to know!

There have been several instances whereby I sold something because I needed the money, but what would always happen is that the financial ?crisis? would pass and I would be without some really nice books. My biggest regret was that I sold my hardcover copy of FIRE STATION (with the red tissue wrapper!!) that contained a full-page inscription to Graham Mackintosh, one of the publishers. I currently have a copy inscribed to the other Capricorn Press publisher, Noel Young, and I never should have broken the set. To this day I have no idea what the crisis was that instigated the sale.

Christ,...
With the red tissue wrapper!
I've never seen one of those!
I'm still happy with the one I got from Jason,
What is his handle here?

Must Have Been ONE HELLUVA CRISIS!

Yes, I'm proving yet once again today,
That I'm an idiot.
Damned good thing I can laugh at myself
Otherwise I'd be toast.
Listen, that copy of Fire Station is really improving.
Nothing like a good mounted vise treatment :>

I always sold my rare Buk stuff because I desperately needed the cash, and I always regretted it, and there was always a new need after that, and I always sold more rare Buk stuff. Well, at least I was consistent.

The amusing thing is that that particular copy of Septuagenarian Stew was inscribed to me and my ex. I'm not too particularly fond of keeping things that remind me of her, especially since she ripped off quite a few of my better items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back