• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

PBA Galleries (1 Viewer)

Name looks like Joe LaRoss? Or LaRona? Or LaRose?

Mag title looks like ARUNDANKA or ARUNDANEA.

letter_2.png

everyone who sent me their address was forwarded to the fine folks at PBA.

Hopefully they are planning on printing out a catalog.
Bill

Hopefully they are planning on printing out a catalog.

at least as much... The PBA office is in the middle of where an enormous amount of the worlds software is created and they cant produce a spreadsheet or better webapp for customers? fuck their 20% mark up.

at least as much... The PBA office is in the middle of where an enormous amount of the worlds software is created and they cant produce a spreadsheet or better webapp for customers? fuck their 20% mark up.

I contacted them a few months back regarding the 2007 Bukowski auction. I inquired about the availability of a hardcopy or pdf version of that catalogue. Nada.

Thanks for the link, d gray. That is the auction I was speaking of. I guess I'm surprised there is no electronic version. However, electronic versions on the site only go back to '09.

I was on the list for a catalog for the Groff auction and they sent me the catalog for the auction that followed it. Such are the horrors of real life, I suppose. I cried for days...

There was also a large Beat & Bukowski PBA auction before Groff. That was the collection of Edwin Blair and it was AMAZING! There was also a catalog after the Groff that had a drawing of Ginsberg on the cover.

Bill

I have Blair's copy of Dorbin from that auction, with his lightly penciled notes in all the margins. But I think the catalog I got was the Ginsberg one.

That's the Runfola sale. I was referring to the Groff catalogue.

Thanks Pba, but it was forum member Papillon who was searching for the catalogue.

Will you be sending out physical catalogues for the Runfola sale?

Thank you for the clarification. The catalogue is currently being printed but should be available early next week at which point we will be sending out hard copies. Some names and addresses have been provided by member bospress.net. You can email me your details at [email protected] and I'll gladly send along once available.

Is it possible, they've presold some items?
I can't find 'Flower Fist', but am pretty sure it was on their site when they started to post items.

Do people have thoughts/opinions/experiences on whether it's better to make a pre-sale bid, or do the live from your computer bidding thing? Thanks!!

Looks like we might have more info for the Timeline. Check out the letter to Stevenson from "mothers day 1982" on PBA where Buk says he lived on Carondelet in New Orleans and "got a job as an errand boy on the N.O. Item. For less pay than a roach..." He mentions working for the Item also at the end of Longshot Pomes I believe. So we could add this job to the timeline? Early Forties?

Yeah, I saw that when I was adding that letter to the site. The Item office was at the corner of Carondelet and Union streets, so that could be a story based in fact, but it's odd that it's mentioned only in a letter. Never in a poem or story - or anywhere else - that I know of.

I am hesitant to add things like that to the timeline without some other kind of verification or corroboration. I wouldn't know where to put it even if I did want to add it, since we don't know exactly when he was in New Orleans.

Most of the items in the timeline are based on more than Bukowski saying that something was so. Because he said a lot of things that were not exactly rooted in the truth. As the kids say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back