PBS Great Performances 40th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
I just got into a major fight with my girlfriend when watching this. I grew up watching PBS and it was a very positive, great influence on my life. But this Great Performances anniversary thing made me sick. This is the very worst of American culture in my opinion. The things they celebrate are so mainstream artsy and bullshit. The people in the audience are the people who "support" the arts and love giving money to it. But it is so soft, and has no connection with the other 99 percent of Americans. It makes me so angry and sick. They have no understanding of what art is and what truly is happening in America. They have no money or time to value the real artists (who may make them uncomfortable) and are the ones to be celebrated.

My girlfriend has gone to bed now. I'm sure she's thinking I'm an ignorant, drunk prick. To argue with her is a waste of time. She will never understand that tributes from the likes of Josh Groban and Michael Bublé are nothing but cheap a piece of toilet paper at an expensive hotel.

I stayed at a Ritz Carlton one time in Hong Kong and they did indeed feature one-ply asswipe in the bathroom. But sometimes one-ply, if decently made and used expertly, can in fact be sufficient.

I'm sure she's thinking I'm an ignorant, drunk prick.
She may not be wrong, but she ain't right. :rollfool:

Notwithstanding the merits of toilet paper ply, I remember being a kid and watching Sesame Street (we're talking 1969-70 here), and when it went to "adult programming," I vowed I'd never be able to watch PBS "when I got older." Then I got older (~25-35) and watched it. Now that I've turned 50, I'm back to "I can't watch it." Art is in the eye of the beholder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back