Photo of Bukowski Holding Typewriter (1 Viewer)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
Tried to do my research, but couldn't find the answer. Does anyone know the photographer for this one?

4600052_f520.jpg

I seem to remember we've briefly talked about it back in the days when this was the logo of bukowski.net. Maybe one of our savants can recall the exact post.

I thought the same thing, but I don't know where the thread is, or if we came to any conclusion. I have a copy of the photo (I think Red sold a bunch of them), but there's no photographer information on it.

I purchased one off of eBay years ago for like $50.....no info whatsoever to add...don't even remember who the seller was.

i says "Courtesy of Michael Montfort", not "Copyright Michael Montfort". Maybe that means that they bought it from him? This looks like a collectible that he would have, but not shot... Seems a bit lazy of them, but then newspapers often don't give credit/don't pay for rights/mis-credit...

Bill

It's pulled from the web, that image, so I'd take any attribution with a grain of salt.

As Roni said, very unlikely that it's Montfort. He didn't shoot like that. If he did, we'd probably have 50 more in a similar style from him, but we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back