• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Post Office - first edition - paperback - minty fresh (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Oh, I know what you're thinking; "Paperback first of Post Office, big deal," right? You're right, it's not really a big deal. An average copy, anyway. This is not an average copy. It's a really, really nice copy. It looks as if it just came out of the box from the printer. If you're a condition freak, this is what you've been looking for. None of the typical spine fading, unread, practically untouched.

Paperbacks in this condition are much more uncommon than hardcovers.

Selling it for what I paid a couple of years ago; $300. That's $50 less than the lowest price on ABE, and I can guarantee that it's in better condition than any of the copies on ABE.

Add $15 to that for bulletproof, insured shipping, and it's yours. It won't break my heart to keep this, so I'm afraid that the price isn't negotiable.

I'll add a picture or two later today (when there's more sun to work with here).

i can vouch for the condition of this book - i saw it at mjp's house and thought of making an offer for it, but alas...

I had no idea this paperback first is that uncommon. Sheesh. I could hadda bunch of them cheap back in the day. I never did have a mind for business.

It's uncommon in "fine" condition. Remember, it's a 40 year old paperback. Now do you feel old?

The first edition paper
is uncommon
and expensive
in any condition,

but in fine condition,
it is ultra rare.

I have seen many
copies that were
grubby
sunned
stained.

Hell, I already felt old. When I consider that 1990 was 20 years ago, it makes me crazy. That was practically yesterday.

I bought Post Office in paperback around the time it first came out, wanting to get in on all the excitment (there was some buzz among us college literary types), but by the time I found a copy, it was already into the second printing, and I had been waiting for it to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back