Posting entire poems (1 Viewer)

I can't find his poem "Sick" anywhere on the Web!
That may be because you aren't really supposed to publish someone's work without permission.

Of course people do sometimes post poems here, usually if there is a discussion about them or they are not in print. Odd things are known to happen, and I for one, do not condone them!

A better idea might be to go buy Dangling in the Tournefortia, and read "sick" on page 23. There are many very good poems in that book. You won't regret pulling some money out of your pocket and buying it.

You are right, of course, but this is a group dedicated to the writings of Charles Bukowski, so it is natural that we would not want to infringe on his copyright. Fair Use is a different matter, as mjp said and full poems are posted here reguarly when being discussed, but not in an effort to let anyone avoid buying the book.

Bill

FYI: I have bought the book. I just sometimes like to pull up a poem and read it. I wanted to reread that one quickly while eating lunch at work.

Also, you think Chinaski would have given a $#*@( about copyright when some regular joe just wanted to read his words?

Thanks for the replies.

Chinaski doesn't appear in your poem. It's Bukowski.

Lunch poems is a complete different story.

"Don't you see?"

didn't john o'hara have a book called 'lunch poems'?

appropos of nothing. don't mind me. continue.

FYI: I have bought the book. I just sometimes like to pull up a poem and read it. I wanted to reread that one quickly while eating lunch at work.

Also, you think Chinaski would have given a $#*@( about copyright when some regular joe just wanted to read his words?

Thanks for the replies.

can it be a forum rule that new members (or any members, for that matter) can't use "do you think bukowski would have done x or y??...." to back up any argument they may want to make?

if you deny me this rule, then fuck you... like bukowski would have given a shit about you and your silly forum.

can it be a forum rule that new members (or any members, for that matter) can't use "do you think bukowski would have done x or y??...." to back up any argument they may want to make?
Yes. And it will apply doubly to anyone who says, "Do you think Chinaski would have cared..."

He had copyright for a reason. If he did not give a shit about copyright, he would have refused it like d.a. levy did. To answer your question, yes, I think that Bukowksi gave a big fucking shit about seeing that his rights were protected and that his widow was taken care of.

You are not the first person on this forum to think that they knew what Bukowski would want and it always involves something like this.

Also, yes, we know that Bukowski would hate this forum and everyone of us on it.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back