• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Prices Lowered-Collection of Bukowski Books.. have had all for many many years.. (1 Viewer)

Septuagenarium Stew, Stories and Poems
First Edition

151 of 255.
$875.00

Original signed silk screen print, 151 out of 255. One of the "Numbered and lettered copies, handbound in boards by Earle Gray, each with original signed silk screenprint by Charles Bukowski." The hand drawn illustration by Bukowski is incredible, and signed "BUK"

In great condition. Never read. Original Dust jacket. Red front and binding. Can provide ISBN, pictures of illustration, signature, cover, etc. upon request.

Septuagenarium Stew, Stories and Poems
First Edition

139 out of 500.
$350.00
Numbered and signed by the author.

In great condition. Never read. Original dust jacket. Blue front and binding. Can provide ISBN, pictures, of signature, cover, etc. upon request.

Hollywood
First Edition

31 out of 500
$455.00

Copies numbered and signed by the author.

In The Shadow of the Rose
First Edition

$250.00

418 out of 750
Copies numbered and signed by author.

In great condition. Never read. In original unprinted plain teal blue paper dust jacket (very Bukowski). Can Provide ISBN, pictures of signature, cover (with and without speciality dust jacket), etc.

The Last Night of the Earth Poems
First Edition

419 out of 750
$385.00

Copies numbered and signed by author.

Signature is in the front. In great condition. Never read. In original dust jacket. Can provide ISBN, pictures of signature, cover, etc.

I've been an avid reader of Bukowski, since I found a copy of, Erections, Ejaculations and General Tales of Ordinary Madness. I've read everything and anything by him. I've sold a few books years ago, that I wish I would have held onto, believe me! These books have been cared for and kept very well. Many of which I bought from Red years and years ago.

Most of these books I've had for 20+ years. Have done research today regarding the prices they would go for. If you show interest in one or more, I can let you know what I am hoping get for them. NEW TO SELLING ANYTHING ONLINE (lucky for me I have a 27 year old daughter).

This isn't close to my entire collection. As well as other first edition, signed Bukowski books. I also have first edition signed John Fante books.

Thank you for your interest.

Let me know if you have any questions, or would like pictures. I'll probably be adding some tomorrow anyways.

Last edited:
Sorry, but your asking prices are utterly unrealistic. I suggest you check Abe and Ebay for benchmarks, then deduct 30-50% from those if you want to have a chance of selling soon. An example: In the Shadow of the Rose sold for around $120 on ebay a couple of days back and you can generally not expect more than $175-200 for this book at the moment.

I suggest you check Abe and Ebay for benchmarks...
Abe and eBay are not comparable, since you can see the actual sale price on eBay. On Abe you can make a $100 offer on a $200 book and if it's accepted, to the third party watcher it just looks like, "Hey, that $200 book sold." You can't use the same "deduct 30%" method to determine prices from those two sources.

But MrFactotum63, your prices are way too high any way you slice it.

mjp, there's ebay auction prices and ebay asking prices, again two different stories as some items are re-listed for months and months on end. Generally agree with your comment though. Recent PBA results are a decent benchmark too.

Yeah, you are about 300% high on most of those. In all these cases, you are far above what they would sell for from a dealer, even the super over-inflated prices of some.

mjp, there's ebay auction prices and ebay asking prices, again two different stories...
Right, but eBay is transparent, and Abe is not. eBay is a very good barometer for real-world value. Abe is dreamland.
Recent PBA results are a decent benchmark too.
I don't know about that. You can steal things at PBA because it's a limited audience. Which is why so many dealers buy at those auctions.

80+ Bukowski lots, I haven't seen that many at a single auction in a while. There weren't too many 'high profile' items though, maybe that had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back