Quotes by Bukowski (1 Viewer)

"There are worse things than being alone"

The very bestest!
:):):):):)

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. -BUK
I meant this?

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. -BUK
I meant this?
:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
talking about work, the 9-to-5, he called it, It's the sickest of all sick things. (and with a slight lisp - like a sssnake. wonderful.)

"All right, Mr. Chinaski. What word do you have for the Italian people?"
"Don't shout so much. And read Celine."
Hollywood

"No. Yes. No. No. I like Thomas Carlyle, Madame Butterfly and orange juice with the skins crushed in. I like red radios, car washes and crushed cigarette packages and Carson McCullers. No. NO! No. Yes, of course."
Shakespeare Never Did This

1886237367_9f94e4196a_o.jpg

If you hated her right off, it was better to fuck her right off; if you didn't, it was better to wait, then fuck her and hate her later on

- from "women: a novel"

"For all I have written, I seem to remain a monk fornicating a goose in a coal mine."- Letter responding to a suggestion of a complete bibliography in Screams From The Balcony

On becoming a writer:

It's a shot in the dark.
You take it, or you become a normal, civilized person from 8 to 5.
Get married. Have children. Christmas together.
Here comes Grandma...
"Hi Grandma, come on in. How are you?"
Shit, I couldn't take that.
I'd rather murder myself.

I think this one fits our current times:

"A recession is when your friends are out of jobs, a depression is when you're out of one."

- Living on Luck [Feb 19, 1975]

"style is a good tool to tell what you have to say but when you no longer have anything to say, style is a limp cock before the wondrous cunt of the universe." ---screams from the balcony

"I have compassion for almost all the individuals of the world; at the same time, they repulse me."

"People, mostly, I can do without. They don't fill me, they empty me. I respect no man. I have a problem that way...I'm lying but believe me, it's true."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back