R.I.P. George Martin (1 Viewer)

I often think the Kinks could have used him in the 60's. They survived fine but their recording quality did not match their song quality like the Beatles did.

I didn't realize what a great role George Martin had in making the Beatles who they were...this article notes his many performances in the recordings. Makes me wonder now what they would have been like without him...

Untitled-1.jpg

Makes me wonder now what they would have been like without him...
If you remove or replace any one of those five you have a different band.

But I think that can be said about pretty much any band. There's a chemistry between people playing music together, and that chemistry is easily disrupted (or ruined) when you replace one of those people.

I was surprised to learn that Martin's father was a carpenter while his mother was a cleaner.
He always gave me the impression of having a more "posh" background.

His working class background is another way he fit in well as the fifth Beatle.

If you remove or replace any one of those five you have a different band.

But I think that can be said about pretty much any band. There's a chemistry between people playing music together, and that chemistry is easily disrupted (or ruined) when you replace one of those people.
Even with bands you may not like. U2 come to mind. Imagine if they had a different guitarist or an actual bassist? They wouldn't necessarily be better but they would be rather different than they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back