Recent events in S.B. (1 Viewer)

Although the shooter had many more problems than rejection by women, this writer has a point. Some people are dealt a shitty hand but find a way to beat the odds anyway.

I didn't even want to read the post because somebody dragged Buk into this. But it made perfect sense once i read it. I applaud the writer. I feel no sorrow for this dickless ass wipe. But if there are other young men who feel cheated by life and come to this site, I do guarantee you that life gets better. And you do not have to wait until you are 45 years old to enjoy it. Life isn't fair, but it is less fair to women (I believe Buk would agree). Stop feeling bad about that woman who wouldn't give you the time of day and find that girl who would piss on her if she could. She's the one worth fighting for...

Well, I don't know.

It's nice that the guy who wrote the article likes Bukowski (and funny that he's linking The Crunch from buk.net while saying: "Despite being ridiculously prolific, Bukowski would sometimes go back to his masterpieces and edit them before they were published or placed in an anthology" :confused:), but his basic message: Bukowski was ugly but still slept with a lot of women, so Elliot Rodger could have found comfort in that fact and just wait a little longer, is beside the point, to put it mildly.

There are all this articles and comments now, If Elliot Rodger had learned how to flirt he wouldn't have done it, If Elliot Rodger had had just one girlfriend he wouldn't have done it, if he'd gone to a prostitute he wouldn't have done it, If women would give sex out more easily and so on. Elliot Rodger was a lonely depressed frustrated socially awkward dorky male virgin who was pissed off at women and the world. A lot of men can identify with this situation because a lot of men know these feelings in one way or another at points of their lifes.

But very, very few men write a rambling 140 page manifesto, stab their three roommates to death in their sleep and then go on a killing spree to shoot six people because they feel they are the Supreme Gentleman and women and the world owe them love and sex.

If you watch Rodgers ramblings on youtube you see that this guy had very serious problems, to put it mildly again. And these problems were in his head and there mainly, if not only. He may have been bullied in school, he may have been lonely and through "hell" at college and all that. But it wasn't society or women or college or Santa Barbara, it was his head.

So people who now recommend for Rodger to read Bukowski or hit the clubs or learn how to flirt or meet a hooker are confusing the symptoms with the disease, I'm afraid. If it hadn't been women, it would have been something else.

The problem was between his ears.

Last edited:
If it hadn't been women, it would have been something else.
That sums it up right there. But this society (not just America) vilifies women, so something like this is just another excuse to blame women for all of the problems that befall the poor, unfortunate men.

But yes, it was a stupid comparison to make, to use Bukowski as the example that "there's someone out there for everyone." Because what he ended up saying - indirectly or not - is that even the most disgusting man can bag women, because naturally, women are a thing to be conquered. You know, so you'll feel good and not go murder everyone.

The fact that women are even mentioned in the ridiculous equation of this guy's life and problems is insulting. It's not any woman's place to placate this dolt's throbbing biological urges. If he wants to be loved, then he should go out and EARN being loved by someone...evolve beyond these childish notions of being put-upon, of the world actually singling him out for torture. Nothing is owed to any of us in this world. Only a madman would consider love a problem...however long he's lived without it.

Of course, he isn't talking about love now is he...

Life isn't fair, but it is less fair to women (I believe Buk would agree). Stop feeling bad about that woman who wouldn't give you the time of day and find that girl who would piss on her if she could. She's the one worth fighting for...
Well said! And I, too, agree think that Buk would agree that life is less fair to women. And let me add that I found all of these posts, above, insightful.

This thread got me thinking of an extract from the poem "the word":

"but you know, my former
life as a bibliophile, it
possibly kept me from
murdering somebody,
myself
included.
it kept me from being an
industrialist.
it allowed me to endure
some women
that most men would never