Regarding the LiteraryMary Print Journal (1 Viewer)

vodka

Miss Take
I would like to announce those who will be appearing in the first ever LiteraryMary print journal.

The cover is visible here:

http://www.literarymary.com/

So without further ado, and in no particular order except that which the alphabet gives us:

Poetry:

justin.barrett
Michael Berton
J. Bradley
Emily Brink
Janet Butler
Harry Calhoun
Thomas Cannon
Kelly Davio
Janann Dawkins
William Doreski
Danny Fahey
Father Luke
Glenda Fralin
Joseph Goosey
Michael Henson
Mark Kessel
David Kowalczyk
Carol Parris Krauss
Cathy Piper-Lally
Brian Maurer
J.R. MacLean
Colin McGuire
David McLean
Clayton Michaels
Chris Miller
Carl Palmer
J.R. Pearson
Joseph Reich
Noel Sloboda
Alex Stolis
Elizabeth Switaj
Joseph Vega
Trent Watkins

Fiction:

Meghan Adams
Jason Jones
Donald Mangum
Chris Miller

Photography:

Aimee Alvarez
justin.barrett
Isabella Chiang
Mike Coombes
Samantha Doll
Brian Maurer

Special Art Feature:

Jocelyne Desforges

No doubt you may recognize some of these names. Others, I'm sure, will become familiar to you in the future as competition was fierce. Pre-ordering information will be available soon.

A special thanks to the members of Bukowski.net who have given us an amazing amount of support and special special thanks to those who have joined the forum and participate on regular or occasional basis.

Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah I know - it's hard to identify a lot of people cause everyone uses a forum name... Aside from Father Luke, who is Father Luke everywhere he goes on the internet or off. and justin.barrett, etc.

Anyway, to answer your question - Olaf is Colin McGuire. Joseph Vega is carterofmars... Harry Calhoun is Harry C13 (i believe correct me if i'm wrong it's been a while...) Jocelyne is of course Black Swan...

If there are any others feel free to take off your party masks or put them on in this situation. All the submissions were done by regular names for the most part, and everything was chosen anonymously for the most part...

Anyway, Gerard - I look forward to submissions from you and Gabriel next year... right?

Jen

congrats to those who got in... with the art and fiction on top of the poetry, it sounds like it will be a neat publication.

The photo on the cover is quite interesting. If I saw that on a shelf with a hundred other lit mags (are there a hundred left?) I would definitely pick it up. Sounds like an all star cast on the inside as well.

i truly love this website.

thanks everyone.

mjp, i love that cover photo too. it was done by a girl named Samantha Doll who, at last check, i believe is only 17 years old. i was thrilled to let her know she had gotten the cover. she's so sweet.

and gerard, yes - for next year we're thinking of going with the theme 'bad rhyming love poetry in extra large text.' how did you know?

jordan, thank you coming from you that's a huge compliment.

and hooch, i'm still licking my wounds a little from your snub but i look forward to accepting your stuff next year.

jen

i truly love this website.

thanks everyone.

and gerard, yes - for next year we're thinking of going with the theme 'bad rhyming love poetry in extra large text.' how did you know?

jordan, thank you coming from you that's a huge compliment.
jen
I should edit that .

I wanted to let everyone know that the Literarymary journal is available for pre-order now and will release on January 1st. If you order before January 1st you get a two dollar discount off the price.

Orders before January 1st will be $10.00 plus shipping. After that it will be $12.00 plus shipping.

These are the people who are in it.

This is where you can order it

I'm going to see if I can get Father Luke to pose for a picture like this as extra incentive for pre-orders.

Or maybe he and I could re-shoot the cover like this.

I'll see what I can do. ;)

Actually I am a big fan of Burt Reynolds, which is something most people don't know about me.

I can almost recite the lines to Smokey and the Bandit one and two by heart.

Burt Reynolds. Really - what's not to like?

Burt Reynolds. Really - what's not to like?
Ask the people who had to work on those movies of his. They could tell you a thing or 10 not to like about him. He's more than a bit of a dick to those "under him" (and to him that is everyone on earth, except the other actors in the film...but he includes some of them too, for good measure). But I suppose that's not uncommon for those in his profession.

There are those who are known to speak untruths about the Burt...

...there are conspiracy theories.

I can't talk here.

Meet me under the Burnside bridge.

Bring a tabby cat and a pinata.

I will bring those items, and one of Burt's discarded wigs.

I know that some will lie and blaspheme to make their point, but sadly I witnessed an example of the dick-like behavior personally, so I must suggest that the rumors may be true.

I wanted to let everyone know that the Literarymary journal is available for pre-order now and will release on January 1st. If you order before January 1st you get a two dollar discount off the price.

Could you please describe the smell of this issue? I'd like to know before I order.

Thanks.

mjp said:
I will bring those items, and one of Burt's discarded wigs.

we will burn the wig to counteract the negativity in Burt's life, thus releasing past hurts and preventing future ones.

Pessimist, the journal smells like cocoa butter with minor undertones of Prada perfume.

it's quite nice, if i do say so myself, if perhaps a touch on the feminine side.

it's quite nice, if i do say so myself, if perhaps a touch on the feminine side.

Here is the cover, it's scratch and sniff:

3100824413_5c5a22a407_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back