Seeking submissions for a new project (2 Viewers)

I apologize for posting this thread now. I thought this might be a good idea, but it's turned south, fast. MJP, i apologize for creating a monster on a board I enjoy.

Feel free to delete this, if need be.

I think that the post was fine. We hope that it works out for you in the end. We had concerns that the title would be seen as a joke and that it would not give you the kind of material that you wanted (stoner poetry).

Either way, keep doing what you are doing. We need more people interested.

At least you did not ask if Buk was left handed!

Bill

i think that the 1000th person to use the "bukowski would have hated you guys" line should get a free t-shirt.

Jordan! haha, I gotta agree. Even being a member here shy of a year, I have read that a lot!

ok, "Bukowski would have hated us all!"

and now do I get a free t-shirt?

kudos to dennis for taking this whole thread on the chin and not getting into a defensive tizz. people here were blunt, but not malicious, and you clearly understood that. that's often a rare thing around here.

And I never meant anything I posted to be a blow to his chin; just an observation. I think I played that OK. As for the remainder; I feel I have the right to like the writers I like and live the way I live. We don't all need to be "on the cutting edge" as it were. I rather prefer my relative anonymity.

Yes, Purple Stickpin, you do sound like a prude, not unlike many of the supposed Bukowski fans who post here...ironic, yes? I doubt he would even have tolerated more than a couple of you guys for more than five minutes. You sound like the very kind of people he raged his whole life against.
Forum Fauna: The Rebel :p

dear god, please let this site come up in the search results when someone googles "fuck cunt pussy"...

oh, yeah!
how often do we need to repeat FUCK CUNT PUSSY to make it to #1 on Google?

i think that the 1000th person to use the "bukowski would have hated you guys" line should get a free t-shirt.
the 1000th? I think we'd need to get waaaay back in time for that one.

ps:
FUCK CUNT PUSSY

Remembering "Fuck You: A Magazine of the Arts" and others. I don't really like Pot Brownie Massacre either, Dennis, but hell, why not? Maybe just a little readjusting would work: call it the "Brown Potty Massacre." I guess then you'd get poems about shit, but when I called my magazine Pig in a Poke I can't remember getting any poems about pigs and just a few about poking.

It's my birthday but remind me to submit when I am more sober. Having fun drinking Remy Martin (no relation to John) cognac in bed with my wife. Who is way hot and sweet to me.

Here's to your new venture!!! We've talked before and I'm glad somebody with your cojones is attempting this.

Cognac in bed with a hot wife on your b-day (and at our age!)... man it can't get better than that. can it? Happy b-day Harry

Remembering "Fuck You: A Magazine of the Arts" and others. I don't really like Pot Brownie Massacre either, Dennis, but hell, why not? Maybe just a little readjusting would work: call it the "Brown Potty Massacre." I guess then you'd get poems about shit, but when I called my magazine Pig in a Poke I can't remember getting any poems about pigs and just a few about poking.

It's my birthday but remind me to submit when I am more sober. Having fun drinking Remy Martin (no relation to John) cognac in bed with my wife. Who is way hot and sweet to me.

Here's to your new venture!!! We've talked before and I'm glad somebody with your cojones is attempting this.

Happy B-day, Harry. I did actually change the title, it is now "The Park Bench Massacre" ... those who thought I'd pigeon hole myself, were correct. I got tons of pot related material.

I look forward to seeing your work. :)

uh-oh. The Park Bench Massacre... Dirty bum gets stabbed 47 times with a knife on a park bench, the week before a young lady and her baby disappeared and were last to be seen on the same bench, is there a concentration of pure evil spirit on that bench?

Maybe you will be receiving splatter and gore submissions now.

But, anyway, go on.

How about leaving out Massacre and just call it The Park Bench (?), a place where people can take a rest in a nice surrounding and let the stress of the day fall off.
A park bench is there for everybody, not a special group of people only. Perhaps you could draw more attention to your project if you kept the name open like that.
And the poets would be like park visitors who sit down and read a while, make their impression and leave the bench for the next to sit down and tell us a story.
While we can imagine to sit on the same bench, or the one next to them... walking around in the park.
Hm?

Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back