• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Selling (1 Viewer)

Hello - it's been a long time. I'm selling:

Burning in Water - First; signed in red ink; no 12

Hollywood - First; signed with dog & little man doodle; no 243

Last Night of the Earth - First; signed with little man doodle - and also, signed print tipped in front ("Buk '92); no 220

Barfly - First; signed; no 245

Bring Me Your Love - First; signed by Buk & Crumb; no 312

Any offers

Cheers

Evas

I'll also throw in signed New Years with little man drawing . . .

Cheers Chronic - yes, of course & some pics. I'll get on to that - I just want to test the water; no idea what, if anything is selling. I've got some beautiful books & hate to sell, but . . . any reasonable offer I'd consider. I'll throw it open . . . I'll get back once I've looked about. Big thanks.

Oh - & I'd like to sell the lot; books with value make me nervous, for one thing.

Also - what condition are they in? Do they have the acetate dust jackets? Postage?

I might be interested in signed Barfly but be warned they have been selling pretty low. Fine condition are worth no more than US$150.

Thanks PBBUK - all books are in fine condition; all with acetate dust jackets & kept in smoke-free, pet-free, child-free conditions. No sun, either. But I need to sell them as a lot - much as I'd like to sell individual books to genuine fans. Thank you.

You might be lucky, and find a buyer who'll take the lot (ie. a dealer), but I'd suggest that splitting them is the way to go if you want to sell them soon.

Evas,
You will find that if you sell them in a lot, you will either a) NOt sell any or b) you will sell them for half of what they are worth.

A lot of 15 books went on ebay the other day that had a copy of "At Terror Street" and about 10 other 1st paperbacks including some early ones. The hammer price? $305. Had the seller broken then up they could have sold them for over $500. Laziness cost them $200.

Bill

You'll probably get a better price by splitting them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what New Years greetings do you have?
I certainly wouldn't 'throw them in'.
Especially the signed ones...
they are highly (and very addictively) collected by some,
or so I've heard ;)

Plus most people that would be interested in buying them as a lot would already have at least half of the books - and then they have to sell the doubles.

Good luck.

+4 or so on the "break them up individually." The market is way down, as evidenced by Bill's post. But I have all you are offering except for the Burning in Water..., and would only be interested in that. But again, the Market is way down. A very nice It Catches My Heart... sold a couple of days ago on ebay for $530. It would likely have gone for $700-$900 a year and a half ago.

A very nice It Catches My Heart... sold a couple of days ago on ebay for $530. It would likely have gone for $700-$900 a year and a half ago.

PBA just sold one today for $900... just more evidence that eBay is a good arbiter of current value, but not the only one.

Purple Stickpin;87547 A very nice [I said:
It Catches My Heart...[/I] sold a couple of days ago on ebay for $530. It would likely have gone for $700-$900 a year and a half ago.

Missed it by $10. Damn snipers!:mad:

PBA just sold one today for $900... just more evidence that eBay is a good arbiter of current value, but not the only one.

And that included 20% premium so fall of the hammer $750. PLUS that copy had nice drawing by Buk. That was one title I didn't think you would ever be able to get for under US$1,000 - especially with large drawing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back