Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
Here are the 10 Bukowski poems from Sisyphus Leaves. This chap, which is getting really hard to come by, also featured Richmond and Goodwin. It was printed in 1992 -- I think Goodwin was the publisher. I’m placing it in “First Appearances” but some of the poems may still be uncollected.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

"old" is "older" in come on in!
"madness" is "madness?" in open all night.
"screwed within the universe" was rewritten and named "where was i?" in sifting through the madness.

"loss," "12 hour night," "toenails," "the shifting" are uncollected. Moving those.

I did the layout for the chapbook for Doug Goodwin. I have a mint condition copy signed by all three authors. I'd like to sell it but I'm unsure of how to price it. Anyone have any suggestions?

12 years to make your first post. Very punk....
Throw up a couple of pics, that may help. Off the top of my head, maybe $175-200. Items like that ain't killing it lately.

Off the top of my head, maybe $175-200.
That seems high, but what do I know...
I used to know john Papajani and I gave him that signed copy of Sisyphus Leaves. Why would anyone sell such a wonderful thing? Ah well.
There's an interesting section of the latest issue of The Bukowski Yearbook (German) that contains information about the publication of Sisyphus Leaves, including letters to Goodwin from Bukowski about it. Cool stuff. Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back