• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

So...Sinead O'Connor bought Shelly Winters' books?! (1 Viewer)

Ha ha -- yeah man, there should be some fierce bidding from that group. They don't get many opportunities to buy things.

They failed to mention whether or not it's a first edition. Does anyone besides me care about that? Are the signatures more important than the edition?

I think Shelly Winters ate Sinead O'Connor

Color title page so probably a first, though softbound. I do wonder, what is there about this book (other than the seller's description) to indicate that "Sinead" is Sinead O'Conner? Not that I particularly care one way or the other...

According to the seller (who relisted the book):

I was given it by a friend who worked in a London bookshop. Sinead went through a phase a few years ago where she renounced all her worldly good and decided to get rid of, among other things, all her books.

As to why it bears those inscriptions-I was told Sinead was given the book by Shelley winters. As to why Linda lee Bukowski then signed it -I dont know.
but the signatures are genuine.

Whoever buys it will probably buy it as a curiosity. But I'm with you. As a curiosity, it's overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back