Spider named after Neil Young (1 Viewer)

I am wondering when the first animal will be named after Bukowski ?
Maybe they will discover a new race of cats or horses some day...

"Myrmekiaphila neilyoungi"!

Lynyrd Skynyrd in their song Sweet Home Alabama said " southern man don't need you around anyhow". I know a lot of people who hate spiders. How appropriate.

I don't think that was what the scientist had in mind when he named it.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article...

Bond received $750,000 in grants from the
National Science Foundation in 2005 and 2006
to classify the trapdoor spider species. . .

Okay. I'm impressed.

I am wondering when the first animal will be named after Bukowski ?
Maybe they will discover a new race of cats or horses some day...

I think it's bound to happen one day that something will be named after Bukowski.
August 30, 1981, a new asteroid was discovered through a telescope at Cornell University. The guys who discovered it were fans of American Disney artist, Carl Barks (1901-2000), and named it after him. So, for all eternity, there's an asteroid out in space called "2730 Barks"!
So I would'nt be surprised if a Bukowski fan one day discovered something new and named it after Bukowski...

... So I would'nt be surprised if a Bukowski fan one day discovered something new and named it after Bukowski...

at age 16, I discovered a great writer.
(at least to ME it was new.)
I named him 'Bukowski'.

When a process of using stem cells to regenerate the liver... this should be called the bukowski technique.

Maybe a new species of blue bird will be discovered and named after him. I always like the poem about a blue bird in his heart that he hardly lets out because he's to tough. Now that he's gone, the bird is free.

Who cares about spiders? Release those fucking Archives! Some crazy fans have been waiting 20 years for their release. It's about time. Blu-Ray? Yeah, sure. They'll be obsolete and long forgotten in 5 years.

Who cares about Blu-Ray? Release those fucking... well, you get the drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back