Sure, I can fry that! (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
May I just take a moment to say that this

419VJAHEKNL._SL500_.jpg

is the greatest thing that mankind has ever created?

You can have your raw food pizzas and vegan cupcakes, this motherfucker deep fries things. Lots of things.

Does our kitchen smell like a booth at the state fair? Sure. I can live with that.

The second greatest invention is the barbecue grill, of course. On which I will be sizzling a couple of delightful steaks tomorrow. And yes, I'll have fries with that.

Ugh. I bought a nice fry-o-later about a year ago and made some beer-battered cod pieces and calamari the day I got it. It was fantastic. Then I looked around and found no place to put the canola oil, as it began to stank more than a little bit by about midnight. Back in the $9 tub with about 10% left? No. Let's save that.

Cut to the next day and I kept looking around to see if Seka was hiding in a corner or something.

Get that used oil into some rinsed bean soup jars? Sure, what the fuck; we can save it for next time! They sat around for several months as the fish stench slowly ebbed out of my kitchen. There was no next time.

There's just no good economical way for me to use a fry-o-later in my kitchen. Oil stench from strange fishy critters and the desire to use it again tomorrow night and...well, good luck with it.

I had bought an electric deep fryer a few years ago as well. I used it once, and it stayed on my balcony for one year with the oil in it. Then I moved it in the fire escape stairwell, with a piece of thick paper under the glass lid, to keep the rancid odor from spreading to the rest of the building. Then the fire department came to examine the building, I moved it back to the balcony. I did not want to throw the oil down the drain, but I ended up doing it anyway along with boiling water. I washed the pot and kept it another year, then I finally put it in the garbage. I may have cut the wire in case an old lamp needs a new plug.

Ugh. I bought a nice fry-o-later about a year ago and made some beer-battered cod pieces and calamari the day I got it.
Fish is a problem for those things, yes. You can't cook anything else in oil you've fried fish in.

But since I don't eat fish, it's not much of a problem over here.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off at some point, but right now -- battered jalapeños tonight? Don't mind if I do! Or did.

Yeah, I was typing and editing and dicking around when you made your post so my response doesn't quite fit.

that looks big enough to deep fry a human head!

is it? I mean, could you check? I'll wait.

thanks.

It's big enough to deep fry - maybe - a newborn baby's head. Or a small monkey's head. Not a fully grown human head.

It is serving the two of us well. If we were frying for more than two people, it would be too small.

well, that's no good. it's almost impossible to get newborn head here. we have such a short season for that. but I'll check my freezer, I can never remember what I put in there....

You just aren't shopping at the right stores. When I was in Nova Scotia I couldn't swing a freshly killed cat without hitting half a dozen newborn baby heads. But that was the 90s. Things have probably changed since then.

no. you don't understand. I want deep fried cat. I'll be there at 11. I'll bring a salad.

deep fried bacon. wrapped in bacon. with bacon bits as garnish. on french fries.

all that dipped in batter, then deep fried.

and smothered in deep fried chilli.

sprinkled with bacon bits.

repeat until dead. heh.

Yeah, the wedding bean one is priceless.

Watch this tater recipe. He says that it looks as terrible as a chicken with no feathers.
Mashmallow, mustard french fries dip... :)

(The Yeti sculptured Casper with a twin head? Enviromental art?)

I hope that pile of snow didn't fall down onto the woman and her dog. Though you never know about strangers and they might both be mean and deserve it. Ha.

Nice "snowman"! It looks like you have lots of snow where you live. Thank god, we're approaching spring over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Swan, you should have bought the $19. to $25. BBQ cover last fall.

There are new ways to have the flavors and textures of deep frying without the massive heart attack, this is 2011 after all. A high quality BBQ is one way. Have you deep fried a Twinkie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back