Swastika Star Buttoned To My Ass - Iconolatre no. 18/19 (1966) (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I'm desperately searching for the poem "Swastika Star Buttoned To My Ass". I have the German text, but now I need the English original.
Is there anybody who can help me?
Thanks a lot in advance,

Neokantianer

Well, according to the database here, it appeared in: Iconolatre no. 18/19 - pg. 16 - 1966. I'm sure you've got at least one copy of that laying around on your coffee table; I know I do.;)

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

More than four years later, but better late than never Neokantianer if you are still around...

Swastika.png

The end recalls to mind Interviewed by a Guggenheim Recipient: "I sat with my friends and acted vile and the ass/much mouth and villainy/and cruelness/and they never/knew why."

great find. do you have the other poems from the same mag.?
there should be 3 or 4 other uncollected ones in there.
these were the first poems of bukowski that carl weissner read.

More than four years later, but better late than never Neokantianer if you are still around...
View attachment 3994
With tears in my eyes I found what I was searching for so long now. Finally I returned, still searching for this poem and finally made it. Thank you very, very much!!!
Yeah, I have a box full of those, just send an SASE and it will be on the way.
Hi David, if you're still there, do you still have them? If yes, I really want to have one! If you give me your address, I'll send an SASE. Thanks a lot in advance, Chris.

Hi David, if you're still there, do you still have them? If yes, I really want to have one! If you give me your address, I'll send an SASE. Thanks a lot in advance, Chris.

Poor guy. It's a bit like that bloke who told the UN that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Expect peace keeping troops to enter your house soon "David"

I believe I posted the other uncollected ones if you click on "Iconolatre", unless you are looking also for the ones in the magazine which are collected?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back