• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

T-Shirts, ugh.... (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi There,
Is there anyone on this forum that is selling t-shirts on ebay? If not, then how about starting an e-mail campaign to have these poor quality illegal items removed from ebay? I have complained to ebay before, but never had any luck. If 10 - 20 of us sent complaints about the same items, maybe they'll pull them. Not only is it a pain in the ass to wade through all the crap to find books, etc, but many are SO poor quality and with embarassing sayings. Those of us that love Buk would not be caught dead wearing a Bukowski "You Stupid Whore" shirt... Maybe I'm wrong.

What do you folks think? If anyone agrees with me, we can locate a few of the biggest sellers and target them. I could post a link to go to the safeharbor link directly and notify ebay....

Many of these are of Buk and using Montfort photos. Neither man can defend themselves against this use of their image and work.

Am I crazy, confrontational, or both?

All best to the best forum out there!

Bill

Bill, I appreciate the suggestion, but Christ, I can't get involved with a campaign of that nature. Work, baby on the way, Easter dinner at the in-laws, fertilize the lawn, etc. etc. Let John Martin or Linda B. worry about stuff like that. I appreciate the wrongness of it, but I'm spread too thin to care.

nymark,
I read this just as I was heading out to go to Lowes to pick up mulch, fertilizer, etc. My wife and 2 kids (and one on the way) are out of town. Working on the house for a few days, so I can appreciate that!

All best,
Bill

Bill,

you're right about it being "a pain in the ass to wade through all the crap to find books, etc"

but if you refine your searches you'll find it much easier.

I usually search with this keyword string:

bukowski -(shirt,tshirt,t-shirt,dvd,bear,)

The minus sign means that auctions that match everything in the brackets get filtered out...

And of course you can always just search in the Books category.

Once you get the kind of results you want, just use the "Add to my favourite searches" option,

Forgive me if you realise all this, but from one of your earliest posts I get the idea that you like to keep your ebaying simple :cool:

Maybe this advice will help someone else anyway

HI hank solo,
I had not thought of that! The only problem that I can see is if, somewhere in the listing they use one of those words, by coincidence. An example:

"Charles Bukowski's books have become very collectable in the past few years and he is even on t-shirts!"

Of course, I could always change the search do it only pulls from the title of the listing and not the description....

Thaks for your advice.

Bill

Well you don't have to search Titles and Descriptions but I know that does weedle out some badly listed rarities..

I wouldn't mind reporting some of the bootleg stuff there, and if we had links to the proper forms to make it easy (and quick), maybe a dozen of us here complaining could actually get their attention...

mjp said:
I wouldn't mind reporting some of the bootleg stuff there...
mjp a narc??

are we becoming fatheaded & greedy & territorial?
a confused attempt at some misguided idea about loyalty?
gonna help the empire, are we?

the bootlegs wouldn't exist if the officially released items were kept in print.
and ain't no one making but a bit of chump change from their sales.
in the meantime, the legacy spreads like a virus: most of the boots are
copied and file-transferred gratis.

and no, i do NOT sell boots or any other buk related items.

yes, i HAVE purchased dvd buk boots on ebay because i could not
find them anywhere else. and YES i was immensely greatful to get them.

for fuck sakes...conformists & tattletalers & greedy, pretentious
"connoisseur" collectors at the buk forums, what next? Will Sean Penn
show up and become an instant Charter Member? Will he show up
arm in arm with that scary talent known as Gerald Locklin and take
over these forums?:D

brother,

you're right in a sense, but if you take a look at the other thread I posted here -"Bootleg DVDs"- you'll see there are DVDs with material otherwise impossible to get -"The Bukowski Tapes", "The Ordinary Madness..." BBC doc-, which is fine by me and, actually, they've been bootlegged for years, but one of the DVDs has "Born Into This", which is widely available now. I think that's a bit different.

Brother Schenker said:
mjp a narc??

are we becoming fatheaded & greedy & territorial?

for fuck sakes...conformists & tattletalers & greedy, pretentious
"connoisseur" collectors...
Wow man, that is some holier-than-thou punk rock indignation you've got stewing there, but since you don't seem to know who or what the fuck you're talking about, it falls flat.

My posts around here make it pretty clear where I stand on bootlegs of things that aren't commercially available (who gives a shit), and why I think bootlegs of things that are commercially available are a very bad thing (why go to the trouble and expense or releasing a new DVD if it's just going to be sold by bootleggers on eBay for $3?).

If you can't wrap your ultra-nonconformist radical hippie anarchist brain around that, that's your problem, comrade, not mine.

Brother Schenker said:
Will Sean Penn show up and become an instant Charter Member? Will he show up arm in arm with that scary talent known as Gerald Locklin and take over these forums?:D
Now that's a scary thought.

mjp said:
Wow man, that is some holier-than-thou punk rock indignation you've got stewing there, but since you don't seem to know who or what the fuck you're talking about, it falls flat.

My posts around here make it pretty clear where I stand on bootlegs of things that aren't commercially available (who gives a shit), and why I think bootlegs of things that are commercially available are a very bad thing (why go to the trouble and expense or releasing a new DVD if it's just going to be sold by bootleggers on eBay for $3?).

If you can't wrap your ultra-nonconformist radical hippie anarchist brain around that, that's your problem, comrade, not mine.

Selling works that are commercially available and are not yours legally & morally to sell is dead wrong & bad & fucked-up.
I don't support that at all.
I made it quite clear that I object to tattletaling on those who sell materials that are no longer commercially available.

You did not specify in this post that you were wanting to narc on those who are selling items that are still commercially available. You merely mentioned "bootlegs".

Not your problem, mine, but I lead a boring life and derive a bit of excitement by over-reacting and writing colourful posts. No harm is ever intended. No true enemies are ever sought. Just being the clown that I am by injecting a bit of a fuss and keeping things hopping.

I enjoyed your line: "your ultra-nonconformist radical hippie anarchist brain".
:)

I wish I had the guts to be an anarchist...at best I can only be a libertarian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back