that there internet (1 Viewer)

Oh well, the Shape Shifting Lizards That Secretly Run The World will probably close the internet down soon anyway. Or eat it. Or something.

Everything is temporary anyway, didn't you get the memo?

But the forum is too mighty to be killed by mere mortals.

It certainly was a moment, I'll give you that.

But it's difficult to behave in a Zenlike manner when all of your databases disappear. Your filthy empire of coins. It's traumatic and aggravating.

The error message yesterday seemed to indicate that the poem database had bit the big one, but during that time and now, it seems up and fully functional. I use that very regularly and I'm very happy that it seems up, running, and in very good stead. Bully and all that...

I feel like August to November was a golden period on here for me. I'm not sure I'll hit those heights again. It's not like flicking a switch you know ;)

The error message yesterday seemed to indicate that the poem database had bit the big one, but during that time and now, it seems up and fully functional.
Yes, the poem database (and a dozen other databases used here and on other sites) made it through without a scratch. That was a good thing.

It's all very boring and technical, but the automated backup software that was used only mangled certain types of database tables. The type that the forum makes heavy use of. If I had relied on that automated backup completely and never took manual backups, the whole thing would have been gone, and we'd be floating around in space with all the other space junk.

I have a better automated backup in place here on the dedicated server, but I will also take much more frequent manual backups. That was a bit too close for comfort, I have to say.

I feel like August to November was a golden period on here for me. I'm not sure I'll hit those heights again.
In times like these we have to rise to the occasion and persevere. You're just going to have to try harder and be the best you that you can be. It won't be easy. We all lost someone we loved. But you have to do it. Do it for the children.

Oh, man. You mean we lost the "Did Buk break the bro code?" and "Would Buk like hip hop?" threads? And the guys who started those threads? Where did I leave my Nembuttal and razor blades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back