The Bukowski forum is back (1 Viewer)

Trevor

Reaper Crew
This corner of the web you've all created is as fascinating as Bukowski or the founder @Hannah, and I'm proud to be a host.

I found this joint a few months ago via a Wikipedia citation, and I started to poke around because the content quality was uncharacteristic for a forum. My heart sank when I saw the announcement that it was all about to disappear. Closing this forum seemed a waste, but I listened to Hannah's podcast and sympathized with their reasoning. However, my situation is different as I manage several forums, so I can add an extra domain to my current workflow with minimal effort and cost.

After emailing with Hannah for a bit she handed me the keys, so BukowskiForum.com is open again! Users may register and post, and I've added some features which will hopefully increase the utility of this site. Members may request new features here.

I plan to rely on current and past moderators for nearly all content decisions as they're the ones who've navigated us to this point. I don't plan on posting often or being a big presence here, though if I retire someday that may change. For now I just want to do a small part to help it exist. All passwords were wiped during the database exchange, so please use the forgot password link to get your account back.

Bars may be dying but forums are forever ?

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping this forum alive and reaching out to me. It’s been a while since I have been on here. Weird timing because I am moving back to Cali next month and should go visit Buk in San Pedro again. The last time I was there it was so awesome . One of the caretakers came over to the grave as we were visiting and tried to sell us a plot.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I was worried you'd all look at me like a landlord.

Thanks for keeping this forum alive and reaching out to me. It’s been a while since I have been on here. Weird timing because I am moving back to Cali next month and should go visit Buk in San Pedro again. The last time I was there it was so awesome . One of the caretakers came over to the grave as we were visiting and tried to sell us a plot.

I visited once while doing a self guided "Bukowski" tour of LA, and fell in love with Santa Anita Park. I didn't wager much so clearly I did the tour wrong.

Thanks Trevor! This is important. I've paid many lonely trips to the database and the timeline, just wandering around some days.

It's been rough out here.

YES! YES! YES! Great news! In the year plus that it's been inactive, I've missed the hell out of the Bukowski Forum. There's really nothing like it anywhere. I found a couple of lame groups on Facebook but they really are nothing compared to this temple, this monument. Thank you so much, Trevor! It's going to take me the rest of the day to calm down...

YES! YES! YES! Great news! In the year plus that it's been inactive, I've missed the hell out of the Bukowski Forum. There's really nothing like it anywhere. I found a couple of lame groups on Facebook but they really are nothing compared to this temple, this monument. Thank you so much, Trevor! It's going to take me the rest of the day to calm down...
The facebook pages devoted to Bukowski suck more than Facebook itself. Full of much retardation.

It's great to see the band back together -- I just hope it's not Van Hagar...

Seriously, thanks Trevor for being the lazarus of Buk.net.

But I also want to thank and remember Hannah for creating this space. At the end, I don't think she was treated with tales of ordinary kindness and that still bothers me. Sure, she could be a total BITCH at times, but the dedication and spirit was very real. Shit, she killed my access to some things, but I probably deserved it and she would not compromise on giving me back that access -- which I take as a truly strong conviction on her part.

So, for the non-subnormals on here, consider taking a walk on the Wild Side....

Love Ya all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back