• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

The Captain prints (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it seems that one buyer snagged all but one. If he had got the final one his total spend would have been $542.58 + postage. Bet he's pissed off about that last one.

Personally I think he'd have been better going for the original folio. Abe has them starting at $1,250 USD right now. Still, that's quite a chunk huh?

It's certainly not an item that's on my shopping list right now! :eek:

There's been some - ahem - enthusiastic bidding on ebay lately.

There's a copy of Matt Dukes Jordan's book, Bukowski's LA, that is currently up to $102.50 with over a day left on the auction. It's signed by a few people, but I would have never imagined that it would get up to that price.

The prints are nice. especially if you are a big Crumb fan.
But the book is great and the drawings are (let's face it) incidental.

I appreciate that my perspective is warped, but the big book is definitely worth it.

For a collector, winning 4 and missing the fifth is maddening.

"Pissed" is right.

I'll agree with mdr and ROC that things are indeed strange with eBay bidding lately.

Though I'll also comment on the fact that a certain seller listing a certain signed copy of a certain book by the author in my avatar has increased the price by a certain amount... I was going to actually sell a couple things and then bid, but now... Sad, sad, sad. Ah well, probably for the best.

Though I'll also comment on the fact that a certain seller listing a certain signed copy of a certain book by the author in my avatar has increased the price by a certain amount...
Yes I noticed that - very strange as it had been listed twice at lower price with with no interest.

Those BSP prints - I never understood paying more than a few dollars for them. Unsigned and outside of the books they were made for they are nothing but images (no more than doodles in Bukowski's case) printed on card stock. Martin used to send those to people for free. They were just press overrun, as chronic said.

The colors in all of those, incidentally, was added by BSP, not the artists.

I wish it wasn't a recession. Then maybe one of you would buy my copy of the book. With all the prints in it. And the words and everything. An actual BOOK. You remember books right? They were those papery things tied up with string. You know, those things that were invented waaaaaaay before that iPad thingy...

You're right, of course. It's not like the prints from the book and the actual book are related. Or that this thread is posted on the part of the forum with 'items for sale' in the title.

Still, I only wish I was as smart as you.

Maybe you could help me out? How do you spell cunt?

You win.

Bye bye.

And I wish you would confine your shilling to your "for sale" thread.

I'd say this ^ was a little catty wouldn't you?

Whatever.

I assumed that if I had some pretty rare buk books I wanted to sell that offering them at a reasonable price on a buk blog might be the way forward to save me and the buyer fucking about. Turns out I was wrong and the 'moderator' has decided that the worst thing you can do is sell something someone might want for a reasonable cost is kind of a bad thing. It's a message board. It's a thread about prints that are held in a book I'm selling. It's not like I'm on this thread trying to flog a first edition of factotum.

I'm not going to need an answer to this shortly, but how do you delete your account? I can't find an option.

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

Yeah, I'm not going to let you delete your account. I like you too much. You remind me of a girl I lived with when I was 20 years old. I wouldn't let her "delete her account" either. But that story has a much sadder ending. You know how it is.

Are you using "delete my account" as some kind of euphemism? Or are you just telling us that you killed your ex and wrapped her in a carpetroll?

Both of those options are the same.

Anyway, I don't want us to break up right now. So you'll stay here, but don't say anything. Just sit there and look pretty until I need you.

They're only the same if you have a desire to poke your little fella in a corpse.

That must be where you got that rash from.

seriously, please don't leave before i have a chance to see how some financial things shake down (taxes, etc.) and possibly make an offer on your book. it won't be for a few months, so please don't flame out before then. i would say not to be so sensitive to some ribbing to MJP, but i want to stay on your good side, because i REALLY want that book.

I assumed that if I had some pretty rare buk books I wanted to sell that offering them at a reasonable price on a buk blog might be the way forward to save me and the buyer fucking about.
you assumed rightly but it's your ramming them down peoples throats
that's the problem.

that combined with your dickhead attitude.

And thus it was proven that people have the ability on forums to say things they never would in person.

Nice of you to pop in with yr cents worth there.

Odd that one can be accused of having a dickhead attitude on a bukowski forum.

Now if you'd be so kind as to go fuck yourself I'll just bang the books on eBay.

Cheers for the abuse.

Hope yr little clique works out for you.

I think I've posted about 12 posts. Hardly ramming it down your throat is it.

Odd that one can be accused of having a dickhead attitude on a bukowski forum.

Now if you'd be so kind as to go fuck yourself...
Typical.

You would be a dickhead on a Martha Stewart forum.

What's it going to take for you to go away?

I think I've posted about 12 posts. Hardly ramming it down your throat is it.

yeah but when every post is either you desperately trying to pawn off
your shit or being a jerkoff cause no one's buying your shit...yawn...

forget it, you wouldn't understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back