The Fall (of the Germans) (1 Viewer)

Honestly I think Monty Python did the best piss-takes on the Nazis, just look at this:
[We'd like, but we can't - this video is unavailable.]

Charlie Chaplin did very well, but I love the complete lunacy of what these guys did. Yes it's a serious subject blablabla therefore it deserves the biggest humor blablabla isn't that zen or something blablabla the whole Übermensch ideology is nothing but a lethal joke and these Brits hit the nail.

Also had to laugh when the British boulevard press wrote the new pope was in the Hitler Youth. A lot of Germans felt disturbed in their supersession.

No, really the Germans have gotten up and are on the rise. The Nazis fell. Look at the great things that come from Germany, Mercedes Benz, Bavarian Motor Works, Wusthof Ikon Knives, and many other great things. Germany did not fall or if it did it got back up.
I didn't even mention Volkswagen.

Oh, that must have been tongue-in-cheek. Haven't ALL Germans been Nazi?

I'm perplexed sometimes by what people from other countries like about Germany. I remember Pierre from Cameroon who loved our tradition of having coffee and cake at 3 pm...

Germany isn't such a bad place in terms of democracy and freedom, but all of that is relative in comparison to other places in the world.

The spoilt brat that I am won't stop bitching, must be due to my 73 birth in the bourgeoisie I can't appreciate everything this great country has to offer.
Damn, why can't I like our bureaucracy? I'll go ask an expert next time I'm at the job center. ;)

I was joking about my generation which has largely been brought up to have a better childhood than the parents had, better education, better jobs, more opportunities to lead a comfortable life.

The result was quite often revolting punk kids with middle-class affluence backgrounds that were uncomfortable for established authorities, at home, in school... biting the feeding hand or refusing to take what's given. Ungrateful scrutinizing brats.

What grown ups would become of them? People like me. It's a shame.

And of course, a big NO!

I was joking about my generation which has largely been brought up to have a better childhood than the parents had, better education, better jobs, more opportunities to lead a comfortable life.
But can't we say that of every generations ?

Dude, that film is for you !

[This video is unavailable.]
(And for me as well ! )

Well, I think there's something special about afterwar generations. My parents were children when the big bullshit happened and having dark skin, family roots in the Ukraine and in one part the oldest roots in Mongolia it wasn't easy for my father to get through in NS-Deutschland, as you can imagine.

That makes a difference in experiences other parents (thank God) never had and changes a lot for the kids.

And then of course there was the liberal zeitgeisty way of the seventies...
I really can't tell how happy I am to have not seen a war for whatever cause and I wish it onto nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back