The Last Night of Charles Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Ponder

"So fuck Doubleday Doran"
RIP
Contains a few seconds unknown (to me) Bukowski footage
shot on march 18, and september 29, 1987.

I could have done without the tooth extraction.

Was that news footage of publicity Buk did at the release of Barfly? Somewhere I have a videotape I made off the tv with Bukowski talking in 1987. I haven't seen it since I recorded it, but I remember him saying "I'm the Barfly!" I wonder if that is available on Youtube or elsewhere?

Was that news footage of publicity Buk did at the release of Barfly?

I think so. Too bad, we did'nt get to see the news footage, but only a glimpse of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it would be worth spending any time hunting down the clip. If you did find it you would probably be disappointed. I don't remember Bukowski's appearance on there, but I knew the show, and in Entertainment Tonight coverage of the Barfly premiere Bukowski would have had 10 or 15 seconds on screen (if that). The majority of the coverage would have been on the actors. It was mass market housewife shit, so if Bukowski had said anything profound or wild or memorable they would have cut it right out so as not to offend any infants or good Christians.

...and in Entertainment Tonight coverage of the Barfly premiere Bukowski would have had 10 or 15 seconds on screen (if that)...
The most you might get is the stunning revelation that Bukowski was known as the poet laureate of skid row. No wait, 99% of the poeple who watch ET (believe it or not, it's still on) wouldn't know what the word "laureate" means because it's never used in People magazine.

I doubt it would be worth spending any time hunting down the clip...
I think you're right, we have'nt missed much, if anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably right, mjp. I'll take a look for it but won't spend hours. It may not be too hard to find because I only have VHS tapes in a couple places in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back